The Non England Euro 2016 Qualification thread.

VillaChris

I am really quite nervous for Czech. We looked terrible against a very young USA team. 

You sacked Bilek then, thought he was the problem?

Or here's a controversial opinion but maybe just maybe the players aren't quite as good as 10 years ago.

That's not controversial at all. That is just pointing out the obvious. No one thinks that we are anywhere near as good as we once were right now. Rosicky is older, Cech isn't even a starter for club, our best striker is Kozak, and our young talent just isn't doing enough. 

Injuries also have hurt us a lot at the moment. 

Yeah but I was saying this during the last world cup qualifying and you were saying nah Gabre Salisse or whatever he's called was brilliant, Vydra was sensational and it was all Bilek's fault.

As a welshman you have to look at it and say if we don't qualify this time when will we qualify?

Amenable group and two fantastic midfielders capable of winning games on their own

I see the plucky little principality have scored.....

I am really quite nervous for Czech. We looked terrible against a very young USA team. 

You sacked Bilek then, thought he was the problem?

Or here's a controversial opinion but maybe just maybe the players aren't quite as good as 10 years ago.

That's not controversial at all. That is just pointing out the obvious. No one thinks that we are anywhere near as good as we once were right now. Rosicky is older, Cech isn't even a starter for club, our best striker is Kozak, and our young talent just isn't doing enough. 

Injuries also have hurt us a lot at the moment. 

Yeah but I was saying this during the last world cup qualifying and you were saying nah Gabre Salisse or whatever he's called was brilliant, Vydra was sensational and it was all Bilek's fault.

Selassie was very good. Jiracek was also on great form. Vydra had scored 20+ goals in the championship which is still a pretty good feat. Bilek kept using negative tactics and refused to play with a true defensive mid for a long time. He was late at introducing youth and he needed to go. 

Iceland with a 3-0 deserved victory over Turkey. Probably won't get noticed much because of the other games but one of the best performances I have seen from an Icelandic national team!

Iceland with a 3-0 deserved victory over Turkey. Probably won't get noticed much because of the other games but one of the best performances I have seen from an Icelandic national team!

Reckon they have a chance of 2nd although it's a tough group so might have to settle for play offs as they'll probably struggle to win away.

Again probably a positive of the 24 teams is we'll probably see Iceland in a major tournament as they do have some very talented players in their squad now.

No problem from me, Holland have been garbage so far.

Think them reappointing Hiddink was a bit of a backwards step, he's been in semi retirement for a good few years now.

He is ridiculously over hyped as a manager. In the last 10 years he has Russia to a Euro semi final and PSV and Chelsea to a Champions League semi final. decent achievements not really worth the great hype he gets

How's everyone else thinking? Scandinavian lot on here confident or not?

Never confident but having Portugal in the group is always a bonus. ;)

Good start with a home win against a side that humiliated us 4-0 in the WC qualifiers.

Also great to see Højbjerg scoring in his first important international and becoming locked to DK.

• 5 weeks later...

It is ridiculous Casillas is still first choice for Spain and seems to have become Madrid number one again.

Don't get me wrong he's been a brilliant keeper but a liability for the last 18 months. De Gea deserves to be numero uno there.

That Alacaer lad seems to have the knack of scoring for them, who's he play for again Valencia?

• Like 1

The minnows hit back...result of the night is Lechienstein 0-0 Montenegro. As we've seen over the last few years the Montenegran's are a good side.

Looking forward to Wales Bosnia tomorrow. Wales can't lose that as that would let Bosnia right back into the group. Think it will be a draw.

Â