The Non England Euro 2016 Qualification thread.

VillaChris

Completely disagree with Uefa expanding the tournament to 24 teams but it should mean we get at least one home nation other than England in the tournament.

Think Scots will get hammered tonight but would be nice symmetry to them reaching France as they last made France 98. Think they'll make the play offs.

1. Germany

2. ROI

3. Scotland

4. Poland

Having Gilbralter in there will be a bit of a novelty aswell.

I actually fancy Wales to get 2nd in their group behind Belgium. They have one of the best players in the world and one of the best premier league midfielders and they have solid premier league players elsewhere in their squad.

Bosnia have some excellent players aswell, two strikers and Pjanic but like Wales get a few injuries and the back up isn't there of the same quality. Also from the Nigeria game at the WC, Bosnia defence is suspect when you run at it with pace.

1. Belgium

2. Wales

3. Bosnia

4. Israel

Norn Iron are in their easiest qualifying group for a long time but they do have the most limited squad of all in terms of numbers and quality. They also always seem to mess up against the minnows, I don't think they'll get 6 points v the Faroes for example.

1. Greece

2. Romania

3. Hungary

4. Finland

5. Norn Iron

How's everyone else thinking? Scandinavian lot on here confident or not?

Might get over to France for a game or two as never been to watch an international tournament before. Aside from the numbers issue should be a great tournament.

Edited by VillaChris

when sky first announced this european football channel i was hoping they'd do something similar to their CL coverage and put a load of games on the red button

not that many great games about this week but i think in terms of qualification these will be interesting - 

greece v romania

ukraine v slovakia

czech rep v holland

england v switzerland seems to be the only big match up

I'd love it if the Scots group finishes up like that, but I think they're on a bit of a high now. Strachan has worked wonders with 'em, I can see them doing better then they have done for a few years. For comedy value I can see them beating Germany then drawing to Gibraltar :lol:

Wales should be making at least the Play Offs given the strength of their first choice XI.

when sky first announced this european football channel i was hoping they'd do something similar to their CL coverage and put a load of games on the red button

They are aren't they?

Come in Gibraltar! Be nice if they don't get hammered

I've spent a bit of time in Gibraltar.  Hugely patriotic and on the whole really friendly people.  Live the dream Roy*

*Roy Chipolina says he is "living the dream". 

Is there more of a one man team in europe than Armenia? Whenever I watch them it's just 10 blokes running around trying to kick the ball to Mikitaryan to try to win the game.

Just scored again v Denmark, fancy Armenia to get at least 3rd in this group.

i thought it hit the post, if you look at the way it then hit neuer suggested to me that it came straight back at him

and "if that ball was straight that would have been a red card" whereas because the ball was diagonal it wasnt even a foul ;)

Edited by villa4europe

Â