England v Norway

andykeenan

People are banging on about Wayne Rooney right now on the internet breaking Charlton's record and how well he has done to score 42 International goals, Charlton had 49 and Rooney isn't far behind!

But how many of those have been penalties, or against San Marino and other **** shite in one sided games or boring meaningless friendlies?? Least Charlton, Shearer, Linekar all did it consistantly in proper Euro Championships or World Cups!! 

2 of his goals for England have been penalties, including tonight.  

29 have been in competitive internationals, 12 in Friendlies. 

3 have been against San Marino. 

Oh, and it's Lineker.  

I made a typo as i was typing fast regarding Lineker, i type at over 100 words per min so bound to be a typo now and again!! my point is he isn't as good for England as people make out..

Edited by Villan4Life

Rooney is a striker that lost his pace.

He's a player that has got worse with age, he was twice the player at 21 than he is now

Not sure if it's complacency, the money, the things he's won or what, he certainly never looks to me like someone who enjoys playing for England

Bollocks was it 40,000 who were actually  at Wembley tonight. Nearer 30,000, though England used to get these sorts of crowds fairly often in the 1990s and no-one complained about it!

On another issue-Phil Neville- Why is he being paid to be a pundit? Never says anything of note.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Bollocks was it 40,000 who were actually  at Wembley tonight. Nearer 30,000, though England used to get these sorts of crowds fairly often in the 1990s and no-one complained about it!

On another issue-Phil Neville- Why is he being paid to be a pundit? Never says anything of note.

It seemed nearer 30,000 as even though the lower tiers had a large number of people in them there were still quite a few empty spaces.

What is it that seems to make Sturridge undroppable. The commentators said that for Welbeck to make the team, they would have to drop Rooney. Wtf has Sturridge done to think this? He's done next to nothing for England, he does some fancy flicks in ineffective areas.

Yeah Rooney hasn't lived up to he's potential but look at the facts, he's been one of the greatest English players ever. Sturridge is nothing more than flavour of the month and will eventually be taken out for Welbeck...trust me.

They will count tickets sold not people through the turnstiles so probably was less than 40k.

As for Phil Neville, because of Gary and his role with England and the inevitable additional info/access it gives him and in turn them.

Bollocks was it 40,000 who were actually at Wembley tonight. Nearer 30,000, though England used to get these sorts of crowds fairly often in the 1990s and no-one complained about it!

They probably count tickets sold rather than bums on seats. This means they can always add 10k to the gate because of club Wembley members who get a ticket to every event at the stadium.

Swiss should win.

I don't know about should, England are still better on paper. Think Hodgson is doing a piss poor job right now though. Too many reasons to list. I think it will be tight.

England's best formation may well be 4-3-1-2, with Sterling in the hole.

England's best formation may well be 4-3-1-2, with Sterling in the hole.

by miles it would be our best formation, roy last night showed that he's learnt **** all from the world cup

gerrard and henderson play in a midfield 3, so roy played them in a 2 at the world cup...

wilshere and henderson play in a midfield 3, so roy played them as a 2 last night...

sterling played out of his skin in the hole for liverpool last season, before the last 20 minutes last night i dont remember hodgson ever even trying him there, i've not got a clue how he picks his team, at times i think he picks individuals that he wants to play but then in an attempt to get them all in together he ends up playing them in a different way to what makes them good individuals in the 1st place

and in midfield i think the swiss are head and shoulders above us, henderson and wilshere as a pair wont cancel out shaqiri but i can see behrami and inler running the show

Â