Barcelona

Stevo985

Another las Ramblas storey. I was there with a number of friends about 4 months ago. We we're all walking down las Ramblas and being mindful of pick pockets as it is a major issue there. Anyway a friend on mine went to put his hands in his pockets and there was a hand already in them. In a mixture of shock and anger he grabbed the guys hand really hard and just kind of generally shook him, my friends a big lad and very very strong. Think the thief was shitting himself but my mate let go and he ran away quite a bizarre moment but I'd rather it happen on main strip than down a side road where I've heard some much worse stories

Edited by villaglint

Sacred de famillie is shit.

It's not even well built, just casts using modern machinery.. Fair enough it started a long time ago, but it's like a Disney castle now, absolutely no craft or skill has gone into making it.

I was well pissed off and I didn't even go into it. 

YEah to be fair, when I was there they were doing some work on the exterior, and the old bits that they hadn't touched yet looked much better than the new stuff!

• 3 months later...

Forgot I started this thread!

Was there last weekend and had a great time.

Did Sagrada Familia. Thought it was amazing to be honest, even if we didn't get to go up the Tower because of the weather.

Went to the MNAC which was worth it for the view fro the top alone.

Did Barcelona Cathedral because we went there for the Christmas market, which turned out to be absolute rubbish, so had to fill the time with something else.

Apart from that we just wandered around the Gothic Quarter, ate copious amounts of food and drank until we burst. Lovely stuff.

Didn't get to speak much Spanish though. Everyone (in the service industry at least) appears to speak English.

Stayed at Barcelona House Hotel which I'd recommend for anyone going who wants a cheap hotel for a couple of nights. Nothing special, but good location and good value.

• 3 years later...

Fantastic city!!! Waaaaay bigger than what I thought (ooo errr missus). Had a blast and the weather was fantastic!

Did a nice balance between tourist stuff and local places and just relaxing. 

only negative was a sketchy incident that happened in our final night. 

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this thread, after starting it 4 years ago! (Geeze time flies!)

Organising a stag there next year. Having been before both with my gf and on a different stag I think I have most things covered.

Keen on doing a good stag activity on the Saturday day time though. @Dom_Wren any ideas, I know you went there this year on a stag :)

More ideas welcome.

the barca ticket website is the same as most clubs, select your stand, select area, pick seats on a little map graphic, not sure how many you want together that will probably be your biggest issue, to get say 4+ together you might have to go up in the gods

quick look at the attendances alaves (52k) huesca (73k) girona (76k) bilbao (78k) sevilla (89k) real madrid (93k) you shouldnt have a problem

• Like 1

On 06/11/2018 at 08:26, Stevo985 said:

Resurrecting this thread, after starting it 4 years ago! (Geeze time flies!)

Organising a stag there next year. Having been before both with my gf and on a different stag I think I have most things covered.

Keen on doing a good stag activity on the Saturday day time though. @Dom_Wren any ideas, I know you went there this year on a stag :)

More ideas welcome.

The stag decided he wanted to just chill at the pool/bars on the beach where we stayed, and do the city center at nights. We talked about a few things. Segways, cruise etc... so just whatever he ants to do. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2018 at 20:42, villa4europe said:

the barca ticket website is the same as most clubs, select your stand, select area, pick seats on a little map graphic, not sure how many you want together that will probably be your biggest issue, to get say 4+ together you might have to go up in the gods

quick look at the attendances alaves (52k) huesca (73k) girona (76k) bilbao (78k) sevilla (89k) real madrid (93k) you shouldnt have a problem

Thanks, we got some the other day, against valencia. Was selling out fast and couldn’t get 5 together, but that’s not an issue. Expensive though. Sat up in the gods and still €90... just hope messi plays now 

• 4 years later...
On 02/09/2014 at 08:44, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I'm gutted about missing a home game

nearly 9 years later, and about 4 trips to Barcelona later, I'm finally going to see a game at the Nou Camp next week

Barcelona is by far my most visited city abroad (I'm not counting Ireland as that's my second home). It's a bit strange as only two of the trips have been my choice, the others have been stags and visits decided by other people. But this will be my 7th visit.

Anyway, looking forward to finally taking in a game

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

nearly 9 years later, and about 4 trips to Barcelona later, I'm finally going to see a game at the Nou Camp next week

Barcelona is by far my most visited city abroad (I'm not counting Ireland as that's my second home). It's a bit strange as only two of the trips have been my choice, the others have been stags and visits decided by other people. But this will be my 7th visit.

Anyway, looking forward to finally taking in a game

I went years ago. Its brilliant you will love it.

I was lucky to get a good game athletico madrid vs barce was incredible atmosphere 

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I went years ago. Its brilliant you will love it.

I was lucky to get a good game athletico madrid vs barce was incredible atmosphere 

In a way it's a shame I'm finally getting to one now where Barcelona are a shadow of what they were. No Messi etc

But they're still top of the league and the game is against Sevilla. They're not doing very well but should be a good atmosphere anyway

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In a way it's a shame I'm finally getting to one now where Barcelona are a shadow of what they were. No Messi etc

But they're still top of the league and the game is against Sevilla. They're not doing very well but should be a good atmosphere anyway

Makes it more exciting though barce not being so good.

You dont wanna see a barcelona one way show like 4-0. The atmosphere will be pants too.

Sevilla i think will be a good game. Enjoy and let us know how you get on

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what atmosphere is like I’ve been twice but both against poor opposition that Barca wiped floor with. 

Atmosphere was almost non existent for both games. Amazing how that size crowd could make such little noise. Singing isn’t really a thing there so general sound is just people chatting between themselves. 

Unless the ref gives a throw in the wrong way or makes any kind of mistake, and then you’ll almost burst your ear drums from the deafening cries of rage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â