Sweden: Stockholm-Gothenburg

Demitri_C

Just booked to go stockholm at the end of September,  i cant wait! Im expecting weather will be pants but its been on my bucket list for years.i cant wait!

If anyone has any advice please share. I have heard its expensive to eat out and drink. But i dont drink beer so that wont bother me too much 🙂

• Like 1

On 06/04/2022 at 09:18, Demitri_C said:

Just booked to go stockholm at the end of September,  i cant wait! Im expecting weather will be pants but its been on my bucket list for years.i cant wait!

If anyone has any advice please share. I have heard its expensive to eat out and drink. But i dont drink beer so that wont bother me too much 🙂

Stockholm is expensive (as is all Sweden) for booze but it's lovely. Weather shouldn't be too bad in September. 

If you get chance take the train (so much better than UK ones) up to Uppsala (20 mins North) as it's lovely. A big student town (where I went to Uni) and full of history and character (one of the oldest Uni's in Europe). 

If you could get up to Kiruna it's lovely but a fair way to go and maybe better waiting until winter. 

On 06/04/2022 at 10:18, Demitri_C said:

Weather should be fine then, nothing too harsh

Usually a lot of restaurants or bars will have a lunch menu until about 4pm, they are usually a good sized portion as well if dont mind eating so early

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Weather should be fine then, nothing too harsh

Usually a lot of restaurants or bars will have a lunch menu until about 4pm, they are usually a good sized portion as well if dont mind eating so early

Thanks for your advice. Yeah i tend to eat earlier as it fits with my dietary plan at the moment 

Whats their metro/under ground services like? Easy to get around?

Edited by Demitri_C

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks for your advice. Yeah i tend to eat earlier as it fits with my dietary plan at the moment 

Whats their metro/under ground services like? Easy to get around?

Yes the metro is good but its also a walkable city as well unless you are staying far from the city centre

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes the metro is good but its also a walkable city as well unless you are staying far from the city centre

Thanks. Hotel says its near Central station as in walking distance

I love walking so that makes it better 

Edited by Demitri_C

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going sweden on Thursday can any of my swedish VT friends tell me

Does roaming fees apply there and what plugs do you use there?

Also what kind of food is goid there?

Im actually very excited.  Swedens been on my list of countries to visit for a very long time

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Going sweden on Thursday can any of my swedish VT friends tell me

Does roaming fees apply there and what plugs do you use there?

Also what kind of food is goid there?

Im actually very excited.  Swedens been on my list of countries to visit for a very long time

The pretty standard euro-plug at 220 volts
type-CEF-adaptor.jpg

Standard euro roaming so you are most certainly free to use your standard allowance. Double-check with our local carrier though to be sure.

Not knowing exactly where you are staying, but a very nice one is https://restaurangprinsen.se/en/ Book in advance

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Tegis said:

The pretty standard euro-plug at 220 volts
type-CEF-adaptor.jpg

Standard euro roaming so you are most certainly free to use your standard allowance. Double-check with our local carrier though to be sure.

Not knowing exactly where you are staying, but a very nice one is https://restaurangprinsen.se/en/ Book in advance

Im staying in sheraton near central station

Swedish Krona is tanking so you might get a bit more value for money than usual.

Although prices have gone up due to well, everything so maybe not.

Edited by sne

On 23/09/2022 at 22:18, Demitri_C said:

Im staying in sheraton near central station

I stayed in the Hilton and they had both British and European plug sockets, which I've never seen anywhere else.  Probably just unique to the hotel though.

Edit just realised I'd already posted that years ago in here

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I stayed in the Hilton and they had both British and European plug sockets, which I've never seen anywhere else.  Probably just unique to the hotel though.

Edit just realised I'd already posted that years ago in here

Thanks mate. I was intially going to stay at the hilton but got the sheraton at such a good price went with that.

Weather looks like its raining every **** day. Seems it worse than the uk weather wise 😂

Travel wise is metro/sunbway best way to get around?

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks mate. I was intially going to stay at the hilton but got the sheraton at such a good price went with that.

Weather looks like its raining every **** day. Seems it worse than the uk weather wise 😂

I went late August and the weather was already starting to turn by then.  From what I remember we went on the open top bus on the first day to get an idea of the city and get on and off at different places, then just walked around.  We got a taxi once and it was extortionate.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Unless it's walkng distance or you want to see the city just wandering, then yes. They also recently switched to the same type of system that London has where you just tap your creditcard. No more faffing about with travel-passes or cash.

City center really isn't all that big so unless you are in a rush I'd say walking is a good option. It's a nice city to walk around in. Or you can go by boat if you want to go to or from Djurgården.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

Unless it's walkng distance or you want to see the city just wandering, then yes. They also recently switched to the same type of system that London has where you just tap your creditcard. No more faffing about with travel-passes or cash.

Oh ok thats handy to know you can just tap your bank card and you dont need get their version of a oyster.

I was thinking of doing the red bus tour but reading online apparently has really negative reviews drivers not stopping or saying what the stop is. Also heard the buses stop at 4pm which is abit early

Â