• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Brian Little walked on water,and thats a **** fact.When Grealish has learnt to bend spoons cum and talk to me.

You'd put me off, i need total silence and a dark room.

I guess some issues are just beyond repair. Edited by limpid
fixed quote
  • Like 1

Full game 1st half here, .

If you skip to 31.00 mins on the match clock you can hear Gabby and Dawson having a bit of 'bantz'.  Pretty sure Dawson calls Gabby an Ashley Cole lookalike and then Gabby just stands his ground and Dawson bounces off him as the corner comes in haha, beast.!

Very good first half. Went for the jugular. Hull were lucky to still be in the game at half time. I feel Lambert played it a bit too cautious in the second half, This gave Hull the imputus and we very nearly threw it away. Gabby and Weimann had their best games for a while. I think Sanchez is still a little bit off the pace and gave away a needless free kick that led to the goal. Defending alot better this season. Back 4 done well again, albeit, with little threat from the 'toothless tigers'. But as they say, you can only beat whats in front of you.

Grealish had them worried. And the fact that the first 3 times he touched the ball a Hull player was yellow carded....will probably remain an altime record....doubt if we will ever see a stat like that again!

Overall, very pleased with 7 pts from 9. Lets hope we do some business in the transfer window tomorrow!

0 I feel Lambert played it a bit too cautious in the second half, This gave Hull the imputus and we very nearly threw it away.

In fairness you could see Lambert urging players forward to press a higher line. But we sat far too deep in the second half, as we did last season whenever we got in front. That needs to be addressed.

• Like 1

Their sub, Brady made a bit of an impact, when he came on

He's a very good player, man utd might rue letting him go in the coming years

Thanks for that....I didn't know where he came from

No problem

Gabby for long periods today was all the things I said he wasn't in my earlier posts.

He does my head in.....when he's in this mood he shows he can be a menace....needs to do it more often.

• Like 1

Great win. First half very good, wasn't particularly happy with the way we went about the second half but I'm certainly not complaining. Senderos, Gabby and Weimann were very good. Cissokho is looking like an absolute steal ATM, very impressive display again.

• Like 2

Grealish is ok, personally I think he is overhyped, but hopefully he will develop into a cracking winger, I don't think he is a game changer, Richardson is a great signing, weiman and delph must be on drugs the amount of work they put in and nice to see 28000 proper villa fans there today supporting the team, thick and thin! Good atmosphere in the holte today.

I agree it's a bit early yet, but not sure he's overhyped.....think he could be special.

As for the fans....we need the 12000 back ASAP.....they are still villa fans.

Team will just have to suck them back in.

Great first half. Should have played the same way in the second, instead the same old thing, sitting back. Nearly threw it away.

What is it with this team? Why do they do this?

Gabby was great, why can he not always play like that. Back four were excellent again, but the midfield need to push forward as they did in the first half.

You will always concede if you sit back. Weimann was my MOM, but they were all very good in the first half. Sanchez will need time to get up to speed.

Grealish is a smart player with a great touch, moved the ball on just before the tackles, went over their legs and did not sustain any real damage.

He knew exactly what they were about to do and what he would do. Loved his grin after the third tackle.

7 from 9 is a terrific start. Feel more confident about this team this season.

• Like 2

Everything has been said that I think, but must reiterate that I have never seen such systematic targeting of a single player in a premier league game before. At least one challenge on Grealish (from Jelavic) looked like a sending off and he was lucky not to get injured, horrible stuff to see.

EDIT: One more thing, tactics seemed spot on. No pressure on the back five led to a packed middle so they couldn't play through if they wanted to, that led to long balls that were dealt with by our (complete unit of a) back four easily. 

Edited by adw95

Very pleased with the 3 points today particularly the link up play between Gabby, Weimann and N'Zog who we missed when he went off and therefore sat back.

Grealish and Bent also looked dangerous when they came on.

7 points out of 9 - not a bad start to the season.

Delighted Gabby got a goal, he clearly needed it.

Delph was good after a couple of ropey passes at the very start of the game, skint huddlestone for the free kick, should hav passed to grealish wen he shot late on

Westy I thought was excellent, my MOTM, free kick very unlucky, perfectly weighted ball for bent´s chance also

Weimann worked tirelesly, excellent finisher

Grealish is a baller, bags of confidence, broke up the game nicely at the end and took pressure off us

Sanchez not up to speed as of yet.

Backline good but unless we are 2 goals ahead im constantly shittin myself, this is probably due to the last few seasons of dross

guzan made the save he needed to make

thats about it. i think mentally we are a lot stronger than ive seen us in years. The Roy Keane efect perhaps?? The man is a winner and surely the players feed off that. There is defo belief and unity in the squad. A big **** YOU to Karsa and Culverhouse.

Grealish reminds me of Brian Little....only better

.......what ?

He has a long way to go to emulate him.

Agreed TRO Brian Little was one of the most gifted talented players to ever wear a Villa shirt, for me he is up there with Macca a true Villa legend.

Jack Grealish is going to be a very good player and he does also remind me of Brian Little but better? Not yet he's a long way off but who knows one day? maybe. And I'll also say this no one would be more happy to see that than Brian himself.

I miss reading Kevan's posts, I bet he would have something to say about Hull's targeting of Jack!