• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Didn't see the are but sounds like good first half poor second.

We haven't been a team that can control a whole game for years.

Hopefully this year with a more solid defence our 1 good half will see us through more times than not.

Very pleased this win has come at home, will give the players confidence as will Gabbys goal for him.

I said we have to get a minimum of 6 points from our first 3 because of our awful September fixtures and we've got 7 so very happy!

I don't think we were poor second half, compared to how poor we were at times in the last two seasons we were nowhere near that bad. We had a much better first half, they scored a gyppo deflected goal and then started believing and having more of a go. We got a bit nervous and sat back a bit too much and weren't as composed with the ball.

We deserved to win it though, should have been 3-0 as half time.

MOTM I'd go for Delph, although Cissokho despite the unlucky deflection also had a great game for me, they attacked down that side a lot and he snuffed nearly everything out. Ron looked good, Westwood too... 

• Like 2

fantastic performance. They had a bit of a spell after they got that flukey goal. We did well to defend the game out. Grealish is a superstar. Such poise on the ball. Needs a new contract.

Happy days. Going to bed. Night all. UTV!

• Like 1

Great start to the season.

Delph MOTM for me, Grealish seems to find it all very easy and when he bulks up a bit and really understands his own decision making he could be a world beater.

A fit Bent would have taken that chance earlier rather than let it run across him as much as it did & Sanchez has a long way to go to being the idol that we need but not deserve.

3rd in the league, our push for the title is looking good!

Very pleased with our performance overall, we did ease off slightly but still remained solid at the back. Gabby and Weimann played very well, which is surprising. Grealish was superb when he came on.

7 points out of 9 and only conceded 1. Good start!

Great sub to bring Grealish on as he really gave Hull something to think about.

Made hard work of it in the second half, but the goal played it's part as much as anything else. So many contenders for MOTM, but I'd have to say Weimann today, not only for his goal but also for his workrate which was phenominal!

Great first half and a bit of second half (which I guess is an improvement on always being good for one half and shite for the other half). Great win, v happy but we gave away possession sooooo easily in the second half. Bent looks so unfit and can't seem to finish (which is all he was ever good at). Sanchez didn't really impress. Defenders were all excellent again today and Delph was unplayable. Thought Westwood, Gabby and Weimann were all good as well

The thing is their goal was lucky, if that hadn't of gone it we would've played it out comfortably. Well done Villa excellent display.

The goal was lucky, but the free kick they got it from was sloppy. No stupid foul in a dangerous area of the pitch, no free kick, no "lucky" goal.

The thirty or so minutes I saw of the first half was great. Excellent passing, defensively solid, really taking advantage of the space left for them by the Hull defence. In the second half Hull switched things up a bit and we found ourselves with less room. Hull didn't really look dangerous at all until the last 15 minutes, but we certainly found ourselves pressed harder after half time. A couple of vital stops by Guzan, and even Gabby and Weimann were impressive today, Gabby with his strength and pace and Weimann with his tracking back. Grealish looks really exciting too, and not just for his ability to get free kicks out of opposition players - that disguised pass to Delph in the closing minutes was very nice.

Very noticeable togetherness in the team. Everyone battled, harried and ran hard today. The team surrounding the referee and Hull players when Grealish was clattered by Jelavic was good to see also.

Weimann was brilliant first half, he looked composed and calm on the ball and his first touch into to Gabby for his goal was brilliant. Best I've seen that pair play in a long while. 

• Like 2

Positives - great first half, Andi and Gabby scoring, Cissokho looking excellent again, Hutton ditto, great cameo from Grealish at the end. 

Negatives - complacent attitude for the majority of the second half, conceded a sloppy goal which put us under unnecessary pressure (and cost me 9 points in Fantasy, natch). Sanchez not quite up to speed yet.  

Can somebody tell me what Grealish did well?

Was he dribbling it past everybody?

Passing and moving?

Hull we're well on top but when he came on he took a lot of their focus.

He'd get the ball and their first instinct was to clatter him, which took away all their momentum.

When he wasn't being fouled, he set up Delph with a good chance, and made runs that stretched their defence.

Right sub at the right time and contributed to us taking all 3 points.