• Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Excellent performance.

Don't share the concerns about the second half, there is no way you will dominate for 90 minutes in the prem, and it is normal for teams to come under pressure if the poorer side gets a goal.

I wonder why we didn't play a similar pressing game against Newcastle but there you go.

Senderos outstanding, and all round enormous credit to lambo for his work this summer.

My 'thing' has been watching to see if he has been able to recover the team and himself from that run last year, and based on the 3 games so far it is looking like he may have done. For those of us who up until December thought he was making - albeit slow - progress this is a very important sign.

Gabby needs to ask himself why a performance like that is so rare from him !

Edited by terrytini

Grealish reminds me of Brian Little....only better

.......what ?

He has a long way to go to emulate him.

Agreed TRO Brian Little was one of the most gifted talented players to ever wear a Villa shirt, for me he is up there with Macca a true Villa legend.

Jack Grealish is going to be a very good player and he does also remind me of Brian Little but better? Not yet he's a long way off but who knows one day? maybe. And I'll also say this no one would be more happy to see that than Brian himself.

I miss reading Kevan's posts, I bet he would have something to say about Hull's targeting of Jack!

Yeh, let's not blight Jack's career at this stage by comparing him with the great Sir Brian. But let's also hope he can develop and get nearer to that level of talent.

As for the Hull players' treatment of him, this must have come from coaching instructions. They weren't hacking chunks out of every Villa player whenever they touched the ball, just Grealish. So was this as ordered by Steve Bruce? If so, you bastard: I'm glad Hull got their comeuppance through the result but sorry the referee didn't do more to stop it.