Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Can I be the first one to claim rights on this line for future transfer windows and deadline day activities when we are all waiting for that signing:

"But remember last summer on deadline day we didn't buy anyone but got Cleverley the day after the window shut, have some patience"

Supermon 2014

Edited by supermon
  • Like 1

I have doubts over him as a player and doubts over his attitude. He could come in thinking he's a big shot and cause some problems but tbh I trust Lambert and Keane to sign the right sort of player and will put my faith in their better judgement!

Having slept on it, Ithink its got to be a clean slate. At the end of the day, all we want as Villa supporters is to see the club stabilised and push on to greater heights. We could be 'enthusing' over Joe Bloggs from the nether regions of League 1 and bemoaning the lack of vision, instead of  seeing the club invest in a player who has experienced life at the most succesful club the Premier has seen. Okay, a fringe player maybe, but a Ure player nonetheless.

TC might or might not be the answer. But he may be part of the puzzle that Lambert and Keane have laid out. I'm still not jumping through hoops about this, but for once I think we have to trust their judgement and go with it. You never know.

Edited by AValon

If he has half a brain he'll sack the agent. Doesn't look like he will, especially if his dad is an employee. I mean the lad has 13 caps for England & I assume he is at a stage now where he is leaving United and his career is either going to fall away or he'll establish himself as a Premier League player. He is very lucky not to be spending the next 4 months sitting on his arse, due to the advice he has got. He's 25 now and has not close to 100 Premier League games. Milner had 300 by the same age. Look at the likes of Henderson, he's 24 and has 100 games in the League for Liverpool already, not counting the 70 odd for Sunderland before that. Didn't want Tom when I heard he was linked, however if we save £8m then it could be a decent deal for us. Think he really needs to get his head down and mouth shut. 

He's a Villa player.  A player the manager wanted and a player other teams wanted.  he plays for us now in a key position that we need.  That is all you need to know

Pretty much, maybe misunderstood - but this is what I've been trying to say.  Who really cares about the story behind it, even if it is as bad as the papers would have you believe - as long as he puts in a shift for the villa on the pitch as a villa player...the rest is history.

And agents will be agents, in every walk of life their primary goal is money.

He's a Villa player.  A player the manager wanted and a player other teams wanted.  he plays for us now in a key position that we need.  That is all you need to know

Quite.

I'll judge him on performances on the pitch for us not what has gone before at United, what some talking heads on Talksport come out with or any of the various dubious rumours and claims being repeated as if they are factual.

I can't wait for the international break to be over and for us to get back to playing games.

Me too, I am fascinated how he's going to fit in and what system we play. 

Quite.

I'll judge him on performances on the pitch for us not what has gone before at United, what some talking heads on Talksport come out with or any of the various dubious rumours and claims being repeated as if they are factual.

I can't wait for the international break to be over and for us to get back to playing games.

This is ok, but isn't it how teams scout and find players? The whole point of buying a player is to look at what they have done and could do. Otherwise we'd just be buying random players for the sake of it and there would be no scouts?

I actually think this will be a good singing for us, I must agree with the past post of confusion where he may be played, but if he isn't planning on being played in a more advanced AMC role, I wouldn't mind us taking looking Sortiris Ninis, free agent only 24 so could still come good and plays in that AMC role we all crave filled.

Â