Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Why are people worried about Vlaar? We're paying over the odds for a player in the last year of his contract, who isn't wanted by his current club.

How that relates to Vlaar is beyond me? It's not as if Man United are doing us a favour by selling us Cleverley at £9m is it?

• Like 1

Vlaar going the other way? Possible. 

The thing is, Cleverley has been awful for two years, and we are signing him for 8m with one year left. Going by this, Vlaar should be sold for 12-14m. 

If it comes off, let's give the lad a chance, Lambert has done quite well with so called "past it" write offs and "awful" players so far in Cissokho, Senderos and Cole! Don't think our manager is as thick as some would like to think!

• Like 1

Any indication given he will agree personal terms? If he's on £70k I hope we are giving him nowhere near that, thought he would have been ok for about £5m but £8-9m is a bit high, another player who creates absolutely fook all, fantastic

Vlaar going the other way? Possible. 

The thing is, Cleverley has been awful for two years, and we are signing him for 8m with one year left. Going by this, Vlaar should be sold for 12-14m. 

If it comes off, let's give the lad a chance, Lambert has done quite well with so called "past it" write offs and "awful" players so far in Cissokho, Senderos and Cole! Don't think our manager is as thick as some would like to think!

Oh absolutely, I will be right behind him. 

£8M for a player in the last year of his contract who has flattered to deceive and when we would need strengthening elsewhere, not sure I want this to be true

And we're apparently prepared to let Vlaar go for £6m.

Edited by TreeVillan

BwIwV0dIQAAGLH7.jpg

Xabi Alonso signs for Bayern Munich for £5 million whilst Aston Villa are paying £8 million for Tom Cleverley.

:bang: 

That's basically a £5m fee with no real chance of a return. As I said Cleverley would play a lot for us for a good few seasons and retain his value at the very least. I wish people didn't see things so black and white.

• Like 1

Must be better options out there for £8m? surely...

With Premier League experience? Who would join Villa, who would fit into our wage structure and who we can recoup transfer fees paid on if needs be.

The options are very limited.

• Like 1

Yeah fair enough he looked good at Watford and Wigan in the Championship but he's done nothing at all in the Premier league/Champions league that inspires me especially for 8 million.

Good job we aren't in the champions league then!

We needed a CB and we needed a LB.

I'm not happy with the signing because we don't need him.

Look at our possession stats. Then think about our midfield with 2 injured. Then you realise we need a central midfielder. Along with another wode player.

We needed a CB and we needed a LB.

I'm not happy with the signing because we don't need him.

Look at our possession stats. Then think about our midfield with 2 injured. Then you realise we need a central midfielder. Along with another wode player.

Spending 8 million on squad depth?

Nah.

• Like 1

How I see it:

+

Can only improve

Will want to show he can perform

Will add to the midfield

-

A very high fee - quite a chance to take for somebody with one year left

Very high wages for somebody who has never 'shone'

Better out there for the price?