Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

People still forgetting the importance of a quality squad. Having similar quality players able to rotate if injuries/suspensions require is a requirement of not stumbling at various points during the season.

I'm sure Lambert and Keane know who is available for what price so perhaps Cleverley would be happy to come here on a modest contract to get his career back on track.

If the men upstairs can get the numbers to work then an experienced PL and international player can only improve us.

Our problems are creating goals, unlocking teams and putting chances away. I'm not sure how Cleverley will change this.

I'd be a lot happier if we were paying around 4m.

I would be happier if we were paying nothing but that's life!

You don't watch football, do you?

You're not as clever as you think you are.

Must be better options out there for £8m? surely...

You'd certainly think so.

Name some.

I don't think I am clever at all. I also don't call people sheep on here for having an opinion.

Must be better options out there for £8m? surely...

You'd certainly think so.

Leicester have just spent 7m on James McArthur from Wigan.. so perhaps not.

I think all the promoted teams have been overspending. 

Sigurdsson to Swansea was one good signing this season, always good value, works hard, scores goals.

would definitely be an improvement to what we have (well most of our players), but he won't directly help us create/score goals, although his drive and energy and ability to break up play will help.

he was great when he first broke into the Utd team and when he first played for England, but in the last two years he's looked average and not pushed on

Christ dodgyknees, ever considered NOT quoting every single post, every single time?

No.

I'm not against this signing, Cleverley would be a good player to have purely to add a bit more quality to the midfield. But £8m, wow. I thought the going rate for this lad would be half of that.

Agree, 4m seems about right.

Certainly think there are better options for cheaper abroad. 8m is a bit steep for him and we don't really need the type of player Cleverley is (Even Stevie Wonder can see we need an effective CAM and probably a striker on loan) so it's a bit strange if this happens. 8fuckingmillion!!!

What a waste of 8 million this would be, think some are automatically assuming that because he plays for Man United he must be a decent player when in reality he's so average and does not warrant a 8 million fee.

You obviously don't watch football ;)

I just don't believe that he would cost 8-9m pounds when he has a year left on his contract, has been heavily criticised and Man Utd apparently want to get rid of him. Doesn't make sense.

If true I'm fairly confident the offer is much lower.

I hope Vlaar isn't included in a deal here.

No way, if Vlaar was part of the deal no way would we be paying £8m. They should be paying us and throwing Cleverly in.

Might not be a direct deal - but it may be more of an agreement that they'll reject other club's bids and accept ours in return for a separate agreement for Vlaar. 

I really hope not - but if Villa and Hull made similar bids, why are the reports only saying that Villa's bid accepted?  

It may be that ours was just higher than Hull's.. but it does concern me.

Also - Martinez loves Cleverley remember - with Barkley out for several more weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see Everton join the party..

Doubt Everton have much left in their budget now.

If he is distinctively average for United (even under Fergie) then hes an improvement on our squad. Would get in our first team. Can't see a problem with the transfer as in the player at all, but 8M is slightly steep.

Edited by BigCarew

Â