Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Given we have no or little money to spend and Lambo had a reputed budget of £10M this summer,  then 8M suggests to me there may be a sizeable player departure or two.  If its someone like Gabby and Bent and maybe Clark or Baker then thats fine.  If it is Delph or Vlaar or Benteke in the winter then thats an issue

£8M for a player in the last year of his contract who has flattered to deceive and when we would need strengthening elsewhere,  not sure I want this to be true

Says the man who constantly moans at us for not spending money.

I think Richard wants us to spend money on proven quality, not just money for the sake of it. What the hell is your problem. Randy?

£8m is the going rate in today's market.

Tell me what more you can get for £8m this summer?

As for 'proven quality', he has about 4 years of Prem experience behind him and has played for his country.

Anderson at Man United is also proven quality then...

Proven as in can do it at the highest level, not just appearances or caps. 

He has played in a Champions league final, yeah I would say he is proven.

Anderson is proven? Maybe we should sign Fabio from Cardiff too?

One was a rotation player who made a handful of starts and released to Cardiff, the other is  player who played a major part in several trophies and played in a CL final.

Erm...

Anderson then? Much more appearances for United, must be twice the player.

You don't actually watch football do you?

I do, but I don't base my opinion on appearances and caps, more what I see on the pitch. 

As you said, Cleverley is proven because he has played for Man United and also in the Champions League, same goes for Anderson who has more appearances.

Let me guess, your next answer is another insult?

Yeah, both those players are proven.

They are played PL, CL and international football. They have proven they can play at this level.

We have been buying players from LG1 and inferior leagues who haven't proven they can play at this level (and showed)

What is hard to understand about this?

Do you know what proven means?

Cleverley is a proven PL midfielder, how is there a downside to this?

Edited by rodders0223

I love it how the armchair accountants have decided there must be be better value players out there !

With very rare exceptions you pay the going rate and you get what you pay for.

If they get 8m for him it will because more than one club would pay 7m......and if there are cheaper players,of similar quality,how are available, and want to come,then I think it is safe to assume pl would get them instead !

Hutton, Senderos, Cissoko, Richardson, Sanchez, Cleverly, Cole. Hopefully a right winger and Grealish and Okore in too. 

Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Bennett, etc.. out. 

Pretty much an awesome squad improvement from Lambert this summer. the moment he can offer competitive wages he aquits himself superbly

Top marks

Now that's OTT!  :)

Given we have no or little money to spend and Lambo had a reputed budget of £10M this summer,  then 8M suggests to me there may be a sizeable player departure or two.  If its someone like Gabby and Bent and maybe Clark or Baker then thats fine.  If it is Delph or Vlaar or Benteke in the winter then thats an issue

£8M for a player in the last year of his contract who has flattered to deceive and when we would need strengthening elsewhere,  not sure I want this to be true

Says the man who constantly moans at us for not spending money.

I think Richard wants us to spend money on proven quality, not just money for the sake of it. What the hell is your problem. Randy?

£8m is the going rate in today's market.

Tell me what more you can get for £8m this summer?

As for 'proven quality', he has about 4 years of Prem experience behind him and has played for his country.

Anderson at Man United is also proven quality then...

Proven as in can do it at the highest level, not just appearances or caps. 

He has played in a Champions league final, yeah I would say he is proven.

Anderson is proven? Maybe we should sign Fabio from Cardiff too?

One was a rotation player who made a handful of starts and released to Cardiff, the other is  player who played a major part in several trophies and played in a CL final.

Erm...

Anderson then? Much more appearances for United, must be twice the player.

You don't actually watch football do you?

I do, but I don't base my opinion on appearances and caps, more what I see on the pitch. 

As you said, Cleverley is proven because he has played for Man United and also in the Champions League, same goes for Anderson who has more appearances.

Let me guess, your next answer is another insult?

Yeah, both those players are proven.

What is hard to understand about this?

Do you know what proven means?

Proven to be able to play football? - Yes.

Proven enough they can come into our team and make the BIG difference we need? - No.

Simply they have never shone, never given a glimpse of quality.

I guess we are both right, but you are looking at it as though appearances = good enough, I am looking at it as though I have never seen enough from the player to suggest he will make those key differences we need.

Edited by dodgyknees
  • Like 1

Oh god no. He's not very good and why would we spend 8 million on a player that wouldn't really improve us? If we have that money to spend, spend it elsewhere (Proper CAM/striker/winger)

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 4

Difficult to evaluate the value of players in this current window. Are we overspending if everyone else is overspending? £12m to sign 2 reasonably young international central midfielders seems like good business to me (Sanchez).

I also agree about the Holtby scepticism. There was a time when Cleverly looked like a mainstay of the United team, a team that walzed to the title. Holtby has never even been able to hold down a place in the Spurs team.

• Like 1

Premier LEague, Champions League experience, played for his country. Dont understand how people think this is a bad move. Do they not remember our midfield options from last few seasons the Ireland, Sylla, Bannan and Herd etc

• Like 3

Â