Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

£8M for a player in the last year of his contract who has flattered to deceive and when we would need strengthening elsewhere, not sure I want this to be true

Well it would be good to see us over spend for once compared with scrimping and scraping and hopefully we might over spend a couple more times before the window closes!

My God this site is like the land of never ending negativity. He's a player who will improve our first team. 

Sanchez, Cleverly, Delph is a strong central midfield and a good core to our team. Added to a solid back 5 and we just need a wee bit more in the wide areas and Benteke back and we've a team to challenge for the top half of the League.

Very happy

Have Westwood to do Cleverley role though, and to be fair Cleverley doesn't score or assist much even if we played him attacking midfielder.

Seems pointless when for 8/9mil could get a quality attacking midfielder around europe for that!!

Westwood is a limited player and given we are going to play with a central 3 we need a pool of 5 at least which we'll now have. I want competition for places. We're getting that now. 

The final piece is the right wing, one more player there and I'll be beyond happy at the ins and outs. I have almost no fear of relegation this term. 

Well, he's a decent player and would certainly be a big improvement on Westwood, and so on the whole I'd be pleased with the signing.  £8m is a lot of money though, and you'd have to wonder if there was better value available elsewhere.

• Like 2

Given we have no or little money to spend and Lambo had a reputed budget of £10M this summer,  then 8M suggests to me there may be a sizeable player departure or two.  If its someone like Gabby and Bent and maybe Clark or Baker then thats fine.  If it is Delph or Vlaar or Benteke in the winter then thats an issue

£8M for a player in the last year of his contract who has flattered to deceive and when we would need strengthening elsewhere,  not sure I want this to be true

Says the man who constantly moans at us for not spending money.

I think Richard wants us to spend money on proven quality, not just money for the sake of it. What the hell is your problem. Randy?

£8m is the going rate in today's market.

Tell me what more you can get for £8m this summer?

As for 'proven quality', he has about 4 years of Prem experience behind him and has played for his country.

Anderson at Man United is also proven quality then...

Proven as in can do it at the highest level, not just appearances or caps. 

I'd rather the money went on someone like Holtby but I don't think this would be as much as a disaster people are making out. To think we were linked to Jay Spearing not long ago...

I agree, I don't think it is a terrible signing, but we have been told we are cost cutting, the club is being sold, we can't afford a/b, now suddenly we are bidding £8m on a player who has never hit any heights and is paid 60k by his club. It seems very very odd.

• Like 2

Given we have no or little money to spend and Lambo had a reputed budget of £10M this summer,  then 8M suggests to me there may be a sizeable player departure or two.  If its someone like Gabby and Bent and maybe Clark or Baker then thats fine.  If it is Delph or Vlaar or Benteke in the winter then thats an issue

£8M for a player in the last year of his contract who has flattered to deceive and when we would need strengthening elsewhere,  not sure I want this to be true

I think Richard wants us to spend money on proven quality, not just money for the sake of it. What the hell is your problem. Randy?

As for 'proven quality', he has about 4 years of Prem experience behind him and has played for his country.

He has played in a Champions league final, yeah I would say he is proven.

His confidence is shot at the moment. There's a good player in there somewhere, and he is capable of being a genuine goalscoring midfielder if used correctly. I don't know if he necessarily represents good value at the price but the market is high this summer. 

Lambert usually picks out the unknown gems when he has some money to spend so he must have some confidence that he can rediscover his Wigan and Watford form. The sad fact is though that Hull will probably offer him more money.

• Like 1

Anderson is proven? Maybe we should sign Fabio from Cardiff too?

Just crazy when someone like Dusan Tadic leaves to go to Southampton for around £10mil and he can score and assist! then have likes of Cleverley who doesn't score or assist for a million or so less!!

Hence why someone like Holtby should be option!! players like Chadli & Salah only cost around £9mil to Spurs and Chelsea and each of these players are far superior than Cleverley

• Like 1

I don't think anyone really knows his budget. It seems Randy has given Lambert some funds, and this is how Lambert is choosing to spend it. Which leaves me quite disappointed with Lambert. 

Anderson is proven? Maybe we should sign Fabio from Cardiff too?

One was a rotation player who made a handful of starts and released to Cardiff, the other is  player who played a major part in several trophies and played in a CL final.

Erm...

Â