Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Plenty of ironic cheers when he was subbed.

It just hasn't worked for him with us. As others have said, I'd cancel his loan and let him go to Everton or wherever he wants to go. At least it would free up some wages.

Can't believe he was anywhere near the England squad once upon a time

I laughed that the commentator thought it was cheers for Andi coming on.

If it is indeed a deal where he 'has to start' (which I doubt) then start him and take him off after 30 seconds.

Richardson/Bacuna/Herd/Bannan/Sylla > Cleverley.

Strangely enough, he could be the reason Lambert gets the sack. When he plays, it just pisses the fans off even more.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but why can't the likes of him and Gabby get the bad injuries?  It's always our important players that are getting the bad injuries and we end up stuck with tripe like him having an easy ride.  Just watch him on MOTD for the first goal and then he just falls on his arse when he gets put in by Westwood.  :/

Edited by Bunnski

He shouldn't be playing that high up the pitch if he's played wide, well he shouldn't play wide and he shouldn't play that high up the pitch. So that means if he starts he should start centrally. For him to start centrally then 2 of Sanchez, Delph and Westwood need to be unavailable.

I mean that is the problem. Lambert brought in both Sanchez and Cleverley for basically the same positions that Delph and Westwood play. Surely in the summer we required a winger or forward greater than yet another plodding midfielder? 

He shouldn't be playing that high up the pitch if he's played wide, well he shouldn't play wide and he shouldn't play that high up the pitch. So that means if he starts he should start centrally. For him to start centrally then 2 of Sanchez, Delph and Westwood need to be unavailable.

I mean that is the problem. Lambert brought in both Sanchez and Cleverley for basically the same positions that Delph and Westwood play. Surely in the summer we required a winger or forward greater than yet another plodding midfielder? 

Take into account he also brought in Richardson as a CM.We did need squad depth and with Delph having so much time out we did need the cover.But to try and shoehorn all 4 of them into the same side was utter madness.

The problem with Cleverly is he has no speciality.Westwood pass's better than him , Sanchez is a better DM and Delph can run with the ball.I also think that all the abuse he got at United and for being picked for England has mentally effected him.So you have a player lacking in confidence and then you try and play him as a wide midfielder...makes no sense

please snub us and go to Everton

.......mind you he will probably get his form back there. Like Bertrand at Southampton.

Sorry to derail the useless man utd word removed on loan that none of want thread but I think Bertrand is a good example of where we are and what's going wrong at our club, good player, 2-3 games played really well, form then on he sussed what was going on, no pressure to do well from the top, yeah you're here we're paying you good wages we're staying up everyone's happy do what you like fella type attitude, he soon dropped to "our level"

Like pretty much all of our players he ended up costing

• Like 1

We swapped KEA for this?

It proves to me why you never sign players taking a step down.

But he's got 'Premier league experience' that quality some fans clamour for in signings and managers.... Ability is what counts, not Premier League experience. Awful player. He's the sort of player who's destined for a spell at Sunderland then Wigan (as long as we're not stupid enough to buy him).

• Like 1

We swapped KEA for this?

It proves to me why you never sign players taking a step down.

But he's got 'Premier league experience' that quality some fans clamour for in signings and managers.... Ability is what counts, not Premier League experience. Awful player. He's the sort of player who's destined for a spell at Sunderland then Wigan (as long as we're not stupid enough to buy him).

True that TJVilla!! They had some article on Birmingham Mail other day about what players would Villa fans like to see and the names was shocking:

Scott Parker, Aaron Lennon, Scott Parker, Aiden McGeady (and list went on) and just full of crap players that are either past it or not wanted currently by their club.

and you see comments like "proven Premiership experience only" most of these idiots saying this wanted Joleon Lescott here in the summer who has done nothing of note at Baggies on £70k a week.

This is why it's better to go for proven up and coming talent around Europe such as Gil and many others... who are on their way up!!

Sunderland seem to buy Premiership over-hyped duds and look where that's got them, where abouts West Ham, Swansea (bar Sigurddson but he was worth purchasing) and Southampton look abroad and have grabbed some great bargains

Edited by Villan4Life

Tom Dumberley has got to be probably the worst player i have seen in my 35 years of supporting us!

Wish we would send him back now!!

Worse than Tonev? For me he's pretty rubbish but not quite that rubbish.

EDIT: I mean he's definitively rubbish enough to send back, I don't want us to spend another penny on him, but he's not as rubbish as Tonail was.

Edited by alreadyexists

Â