Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I'm not against this signing, Cleverley would be a good player to have purely to add a bit more quality to the midfield. But £8m, wow. I thought the going rate for this lad would be half of that.

Buying from another Prem team will always be expensive. He's still quite young and I reckon he'd play a lot for us and at least hold his value. I'm more interested in Randy's motives.

Why not go for Kagawa instead?  :(

Can't believe we have 9 million to spend but choose to spend it on Cleverley.

Why not go for Rooney instead?

Because Rooney is not worth ~9M, and on the fringes of the United team?

• Like 1

Cleverly would be a solid addition to the squad who could offer stability in our midfield...Westwood showed promise when he began at Villa but he still lacks what it takes to be a Premier League midfielder (which can only be expected considering he came from Crewe).

With the amount of time Cleverly has been part of the United set-up he offers a lot of experience considering his obvious lack of first team football for MU. I think he could be a great signing and would help fill the lack of experience in the squad.

• Like 1

You really think Kagawa would come here?

• Like 1

I think there are some unreasonable and deliberate comments being made.

• Like 1

What a waste of 8 million this would be, think some are automatically assuming that because he plays for Man United he must be a decent player when in reality he's so average and does not warrant a 8 million fee.

Even though he was better when he wasn't playing for Man United??

He did look average at Man U, which by our current standards isn't so bad. At least we know what we are getting than taking a punt on championship players. £8m does seem a lot, but I'm going to be optimistic and say this is the Roy Keane influence and he's pulled off a master stroke!

If Livermore is worth 8 million then so is Cleverly, easily.

Fair point, cannot argue with that. Although... did Livermore have one year left?

I don't know to be honest. Maybe it balances out by the fact the Cleverly is the better player, in my opinion of course. That said I haven't seen heaps of Livermore.

The going rate does seem pretty ridiculous for English players at the moment though, something we'd do well to remember when it comes to selling any of ours.

Surely taking a punt on a player like Will Hughes from Derby would be a better option than an average Tom Cleverly?

Would be another gamble tho.and gambles havent gone all that well with the exception of a few

where as a midfielder with international,champions league and premiership experience is seen as a better option i guess

cant just point at cleverly and say hes rubbish since Fergie retired the majority of manure have been pants..he has got a premier league winners medal and was used a fair bit by fergie so he cant be all that bad

• Like 1

Â