Jordan Lyden

ozvillafan

11 minutes ago, striker said:

For me he is ready now and you could see that in his little cameo in the last game. Tish should be sent out on loan if not sold so Lyden should be retained in the first team squad. I honestly can't see either Whelan nor Jedinak going a full season without a lengthy injury so he would be excellent cover for a few positions as Lyden can play further forward as well. I just think Bruce needs to show the same faith in him as Green but no doubt with the signing of Whelan he will probably be loaned out which I think will be a mistake unless only until say January and able to recall him.  

Better to be loaned out and get games than kicking his heels in the reserves - I doubt he would make the 18 barring serious injuries so feel it's in his benefit to get games under his belt - a loan till January would be a good option but not to one of our competitors - rather someone like burton or Bolton . 

• Like 2

I'm fairly sure someone on here said he was going on loan to either Wigan or Fleetwood? Well Wigan just signed Evans on loan for the season and are already well stocked in central midfield so I can see him struggling to get a game there. 

Meanwhile Fleetwood lost 5-1 to Preston on Friday and there midfield is looking pretty weak, so I hope he ends up there over the next few days. 

On 24/07/2017 at 09:57, KSV said:

Wonder why he doesnt get a chance? looks a real talent. Hope he goes out on loan at least. 

He's a talented player but he's 21 years old now, he needs games and I don't think he'll get any here

Probably be good for him to get a full season like Baker did when he went on loan. Get some games as he will only be back up here at this stage. 21 is still very young.. especially for his position. 

Will be surprised if he comes to Fleetwood. O,Neill just come in from Burnley on loan today. Already have Glendon, Dempsey, Schwabl, Sowerby for centre mid

Skarroki....the midfield wasn't great on Friday but I think Preston will surprise a few people this year

I am a lifelong Villa fan whose son plays for Fleetwood Juniors. Due to work commitments I dont get down to VP as often as I would like but get to a lot of Fleetwood  games

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bouch said:

Will be surprised if he comes to Fleetwood. O,Neill just come in from Burnley on loan today. Already have Glendon, Dempsey, Schwabl, Sowerby for centre mid

Skarroki....the midfield wasn't great on Friday but I think Preston will surprise a few people this year

I am a lifelong Villa fan whose son plays for Fleetwood Juniors. Due to work commitments I dont get down to VP as often as I would like but get to a lot of Fleetwood  games

Coincidentally my family support Preston and I definitely agree they have a dangerous squad. It's just very light on numbers as it stands and Hugill could go. 

I meant no offence by saying Fleetwood's midfield is weak, I should have worded it better as I feel Wigan's midfield is the best in the division as it stands, so Lyden going there would be a waste of time. Hopefully there's another party interested that'll take him on, someone like Walsall or Port Vale would be better, more local options 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

A guy on here was talking to him at the Watford game and he said he would be going out on loan. 

I read that wrong and was wondering why would he be going Watford on loan :blush:

Hopefully he gets playing time on loan

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I read that wrong and was wondering why would he be going Watford on loan :blush:

Hopefully he gets playing time on loan

Haha, easy done!

well I guess there is no chance of him playing here so he might as well go out and get games!

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is he really that good?

I just have him down as a Chris Herd type, gets around the pitch and likes a tackle but little quality on the ball when tested.

Can't honestly say I have seen him play enough to know. It was obvious to me last season thought that Bruce didn't overly rate him as even when he wasn't injured he wasn't making the bench.

• 2 months later...

What are we going to do with this fella, eh?  Four goals in six starts for the PL2 side this season as a defensive midfielder.  Captain of the side.  At worst he certainly seems to be far too good for that level.  He has had his injury problems recently which potentially hampered his introduction into the first team at a time when we were struggling for defensive midfielders.  But he just keeps doing the business at the lower level.  I  think he needs to go out on loan as soon as possible.  It's not fair on him either.  He'll be 22 in January.  He's now the senior player in the U23 squad and it'll be decision time for him and the club sooner rather than later.  It would be a shame if he left without ever having had a proper opportunity to show the senior side what he can do.  We've seen in the past where players who were highly rated in the reserves left and forged very decent careers away from here.  Daniel Johnson of Preston being a very similar case to the current one.  A reserve captain scoring goals from midfield who never got a proper chance.  I'm not suggesting he IS the answer to any problem.  But he might surprise, and he has done enough with what's in front of him to earn that chance at least.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

What are we going to do with this fella, eh?  Four goals in six starts for the PL2 side this season as a defensive midfielder.  Captain of the side.  At worst he certainly seems to be far too good for that level.  He has had his injury problems recently which potentially hampered his introduction into the first team at a time when we were struggling for defensive midfielders.  But he just keeps doing the business at the lower level.  I  think he needs to go out on loan as soon as possible.  It's not fair on him either.  He'll be 22 in January.  He's now the senior player in the U23 squad and it'll be decision time for him and the club sooner rather than later.  It would be a shame if he left without ever having had a proper opportunity to show the senior side what he can do.  We've seen in the past where players who were highly rated in the reserves left and forged very decent careers away from here.  Daniel Johnson of Preston being a very similar case to the current one.  A reserve captain scoring goals from midfield who never got a proper chance.  I'm not suggesting he IS the answer to any problem.  But he might surprise, and he has done enough with what's in front of him to earn that chance at least.

Be better than **** Whelan that's for sure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

Be better than **** Whelan that's for sure.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Would be great if Lyden forces his way in, as well as O'Hare who is much closer. Then we've got Davis who's already cemented his place and Grealish to return and hopefully flourish at last. Green to return and give competition to Adomah who has made that place his, plus another youth player like Mitch Clark knocking on the door. We could stumble upon a team without many Bruce signings :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BOF said:

It gets forgotten he looked good in a struggling premier league side and if he never got injured would've forced his way in last year. If he is fully fit give him a go. He can cover RB and CM from the bench. Give him game time or we will lose him. Johnson should've been given time to fail instead of being bombed out but can't see Bruce doing it. Davis got picked because of injuries. You can look at Bree to show how he really treats youth. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â