• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

what pisses me off is that we are going to finish bottom end of the table AGAIN and the league cup is the only realistic chance of us winning anything. ok the fa cup we would have a very slim chance but this competition is by far the easiest to win, bigger clubs dont give a shit about it and its great for teams like villa. pisses me off when people say they are glad we are out, our only real chance of glory and we blew it. another nothing season at the villa unless we perform miracles in the league and fa cup.

Agree, buts it's not even winning it, I'd take the run, the semi final, wembley, get some sort of buzz about the place, instead we are back to having our belly tickled but it's ok because it's a nothing cup (that we happen to have a brilliant history in) and we can now focus on doing **** all in the league

bang on mate, a good cup run just to take the mind off the terrible league performances we have put up with for the last four years. this cup should be our priority behind surviving relegation and getting as far away from the drop zone.

Like CVB says the fewer games the better this season, but this kills our momentum from being unbeaten.

You'd be surprised how untrue that statement is with regards momentum. Players are not as concerned with the league cup and when only 4 of those players that started tonight start on the weekend we really have a totally different side and that different side still has its momentum. 

The reserves lost tonight

The only positive I took out of this was that it's an obvious motivation to make one or two signings of attacking players.......then I realised it's Lerner we're talking about.

Had hopes this could be Bent's chance to push for a first team place....but now that's not looking likely.

7,10,13 number of shots on goal in past 3 games. 2 on target. You'd swear we were missing our first choice and 2nd choice strikers!!

We need some more skill on right wing and our defence to hold out until Kozak and Benteke are back. 

On the way back. Difficult to know what we could have done better to win that. We tried to break them down and had some really good chances in the 2nd half which would have gone in any other day.

I probably would have brought Gabby on for Bent because he was pretty anonymous, and we could have done with Delph's drive rather than Westwood (who was actually quite good).

Anyone can score a random goal against anyone so you can't say we lost because of the goal, it was really all about us not taking chances. Bent and Bacuna were the most guilty of being wasteful.

Finally, I hate the old crowd trends of shouting 'shoot' every time someone has a shooting opportunity, which puts them off and stops them shooting, and the moaning when we try to keep possession by going backwards. I know it's nothing new and every club's fans do it but it winds me up.

Anyway, they came, parked the bus, got lucky not to concede and got lucky to grab one at the end. Proper smash and grab.

• Like 3

Like CVB says the fewer games the better this season, but this kills our momentum from being unbeaten.

You'd be surprised how untrue that statement is with regards momentum. Players are not as concerned with the league cup and when only 4 of those players that started tonight start on the weekend we really have a totally different side and that different side still has its momentum. 

The reserves lost tonight

I sort of agree, especially regarding the players who didn't play, but our next game is at home and the fans who did bother to go tonight (not me) will lose any feel good factor we had from the first two games IMO. The atmosphere is already as tense as you'd expect for a team with our home record, this will make it worse.

I also think you're possibly lowballing with 4 starters from this team at the weekend.

If we beat Hull then this will be disregarded but if we don't it will feel like the start of the bad run to all of us.

• Like 1

Disappointing? Yes.

Important? Not at all.

Focus on staying up, which gives the players one aim, no excuse and less games to risk getting knackered/injured in etc...

Doesnt excuse losing but it is the cup so it happens. Blessing in disguise imo. Still something to bear in mind and a few need kicking up the arse after tonight but far from the depravity being made out in here.

Edited by Ingram85