• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Lambert, like his predecessors, has been entrusted with one aim as manager of our great club and that is to avoid relegation. Should he do so, fair play.

Forget having any hopes or aspirations for this squad of players. Lambert has been given 7m to spend to beat the drop when teams around us are spending 10m+ on one player.

It's a tall order. Lerner probably didn't even realise we were playing tonight.

3 shots on goal in our 3 games this season. Wow.

from a premier league team thats disgustingly imbarassing...3 shots on target against stoke barcodes and leyton orient...doesnt realy fill you with confidence for the upcoming fixtures after hull Edited by Villan81

Why are people happy that we are out the cup?

Because it's a competition that there is a very slim chance we could win. Given the injuries we had last season and the slump we ended the season with the last thing I want is for us to be playing in the Capital One Cup this season.

I don't like to see Villa lose but I'm happy we're out of that cup at the first hurdle. Less games to play is a positive for our League performances imo. 

There are only 3 more rounds before xmas, it's hardly the most taxing competition and we did get to the semis two years back.

Just the usual pathetic defeat in the cups under Lambert, sorry to say I'm immune to this now and hope for much better in the league on sunday.

• Like 1

Because it's a competition that there is a very slim chance we could win. Given the injuries we had last season and the slump we ended the season with the last thing I want is for us to be playing in the Capital One Cup this season.

I don't like to see Villa lose but I'm happy we're out of that cup at the first hurdle. Less games to play is a positive for our League performances imo. 

Slim chance of winning as opposed to the league that there is absolutely no chance of winning in which we just make up the numbers.

Villas success this season is not gauged on winning the League. My happiness is linked to winning premier league games, especially ones over top teams and ending well above relegation. 

This goal was given a boost today by being knocked out of this cup. 

Slim chance of winning as opposed to the league that there is absolutely no chance of winning in which we just make up the numbers.

Villas success this season is not gauged on winning the League. My happiness is linked to winning premier league games, especially ones over top teams and ending well above relegation. 

I'd rather win a trophy and come 17th which goes on our honours and historical record than finish 10th (which would be considered a good season for us).

• Like 1

what pisses me off is that we are going to finish bottom end of the table AGAIN and the league cup is the only realistic chance of us winning anything. ok the fa cup we would have a very slim chance but this competition is by far the easiest to win, bigger clubs dont give a shit about it and its great for teams like villa. pisses me off when people say they are glad we are out, our only real chance of glory and we blew it. another nothing season at the villa unless we perform miracles in the league and fa cup.

• Like 1

Sounds like we did everything but score. According to TalkSport we should've won it by 3 or 4

Local radio says we were rubbish and deservedly lost

Is that WM? Always a crisis at Villa according to them.

• Like 1

Sounds like we did everything but score. According to TalkSport we should've won it by 3 or 4

Local radio says we were rubbish and deservedly lost

Is that WM? Always a crisis at Villa according to them.

Well AVTV say we were unlucky to lose, and I think we can trust them to be impartial.

;)

I'd rather win a trophy and come 17th which goes on our honours and historical record than finish 10th (which would be considered a good season for us).

So would I but as I said, winning a trophy at all is a very slim possibility. So when we stop dreaming about such silly things when we've had 3 tough seasons in a row, we cop on and focus on what's important to the club right now. Doing well in the League, getting a new owner and pushing on from there. 

Only 5 players that played tonight are first teamers anyway. Lets not forget that either.