Jay Spearing

Villan4Life

So you bother to record the Football League HIGHLIGHTS show and from that you're forming an opinion of a potential signing!? Fine, but that opinion is rather flimsy if that's all you're basing it on. You can't judge a player on a handful of highlights. It's ridiculous.

I'd be surprised if anyone has genuinely seen much of Bolton - they aren't the kind of club that you'd go out of your way to watch.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but Spearing was part of the pitiful Bolton team who failed to relegate SHA a few months ago. I recorded that one.

You can try and pretend that judging a player on his PL stint and what people have seen of two years of highlights is "ridiculous" but you know its not. I've seen a shit load more of Spearing than I had of Sanchez or Okore or Vlaar or Benteke or Kozak before they signed.

I think he's alright as a backup to Sanchez

You mean like a "Handful of Gravel" instead of the Rock?

The pebble?
Maybe he's paper, which means all we need is scissors and we've got this shit all locked up for the season

Scissors?.....thats baker and his stupud tackles surely

We have a million defensive midfielders at this club...Sanchez, KEA, Westwood, Delph, Herd, Clark can play there.

That and Spearing looked like a pub player playing for Liverpool. No thanks.

Out of that list, there's only Sanchez, Clark and maybe Herd who are naturals for that position. We had Delph and Westwood getting completely caned for being lightweight and shit by most people on here whilst filling those roles. How they played with Sanchez behind them at the w/e speaks volumes for me, they shouldn't be asked to play that role any more.

Who has actually seen Bolton play since they were relegated two years ago!?

I've actually bought this weird flat black rectangle that shows highlights from Bolton's (and every football league club) games every Saturday night during the season. Also it sometimes even plays entire matches live.

These things are the future I tells ya!

Personally I don't spend my Saturday nights watching highlights of Bolton, but whatever blows your hair back, I guess.

I'm not sure what I'd ascertain from highlights either but there you go.

Prepare to be even more shocked. I've bought ANOTHER black rectangle that records the stuff that the first black rectangle shows! Incredible I know.

Also your question was if anyone had actually seen Bolton play in the last two years. You don't have to have seen every second of Bolton action from that time to be able to answer yes. I have no idea why people having seen a Championship player play over two seasons would surprise you.

:lol: And are you seriously sayin you've never formed an opinion of a potential signing without watching extensive full game footage? Okay then bro.

Anyone got a heat map?……Con?

im going to use this term lightly as im only 5ft 5 myself, but why would we want a flimsy player that could get blown over from a light breeze of wind? surely we need strength and precision in the middle of the park?

no thanks