Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I think we'll see the smallest crowd in a long ling time. 

I'd like to see a pretty strong side out - it was interesting that Joe Cole spoke in his interview recently about Villa being the kind of place where he might be able to win a cup - I'd like to think that's still possible.

I'd play -

keeper.png
Given
home.png
Bacuna
home.png
Baker
home.png
Okore
home.png
Clark
home.png
Sanchez
home.png
N'Zogbia
home.png
Cole
home.png
Gardner
home.png
Grealish
home.png
Bent

I think all those players could do with some game time and hopefully would be able to defeat Orient. I'd have the strongest bench possible too; Delph, Westwood, Vlaar, Senderos, Hutton etc.

2-0 :flag:

• Like 2

I'm going to miss the match as I'll be at work (FML  <_<) but I'll be keeping a close eye on my phone.

I hope Given gets a game and I'd like to see Grealish start for a change.

I think we'll see the smallest crowd in a long ling time.

I'd like to see a pretty strong side out - it was interesting that Joe Cole spoke in his interview recently about Villa being the kind of place where he might be able to win a cup - I'd like to think that's still possible.

No reason why we can't win it. We are no worse than Swansea when they won it and we have shown that we can beat the big teams on our day.

Given

Lowton    Clark   Okore   Stevens

Sanchez

Bacuna    Gardner   Grealish

Cole

Bent

Subs: Guzan, Baker, Hutton, Delph, Westwood, Weimann, Agbonlahor

I reckon the back 4 might end up being something like that, except maybe Baker in for Clark. Okore needs gametime, Hutton will probably be rested, Cissoko's injured and Lambert will probably want to rest Vlaar and Senderos for the Hull game too. I'd like to see Sanchez put in there as he needs to get some minutes under his belt (and, being selfish, I'm going to this one and I really want to see him!). Gardner should definitely be given a chance here after being unavailable for so long, and I'd love to see if him and Cole can add a bit of creativity. Cole needs to be played imo, as he had next to nothing in terms of preseason minutes. Get Bacuna and Grealish running out wide and stick Bent up top. 

Taking the missus to this one for her first time down VP. Can't imagine there's going to be a brilliant crowd, but it'd be good to see a few players who aren't as up to speed on fitness given some much needed game time. Hopefully we'll see some entertaining football and a good, convincing Villa win.

Will there be streams for this?

You won't finds streams for any League Cup games that aren't on English TV, as foreign broadcasters don't show it, there's nowhere to get streams from.

I think Lambert will put out a pretty strong team......

___________________Given_________________

___Hutton____Okore_________Vlaar_____Baker__

__Bacuna____Sanchez_____Delph____Grealish__
___________________Cole___________________
_____________Bent_________________________

It's interesting to me in these games that the PL manager is pretty much doomed to criticism  Critics will find fault.

1) Start the best team = critics will complain that it wasted the chance to develop some of the fringe players

2) Start the fringe players = critics will complain that it wasted the chance to solidify the understanding between the starters.

I guess that's just part of the job.  But managers are still human.  That's why I would guess that most find some blend of the starters with some reserves sprinkled in.

given

lowton - clark - baker - stevens

sanchez

bacuna - westwood - delph - grealish

weimann

It's interesting to me in these games that the PL manager is pretty much doomed to criticism Critics will find fault.

1) Start the best team = critics will complain that it wasted the chance to develop some of the fringe players

2) Start the fringe players = critics will complain that it wasted the chance to solidify the understanding between the starters.

I guess that's just part of the job. But managers are still human. That's why I would guess that most find some blend of the starters with some reserves sprinkled in.

given

lowton - clark - baker - stevens

sanchez

bacuna - westwood - delph - grealish

weimann

That team would probably lose.

I don't think anybody at all would complain about this as long as we win.