What a day!

AVFCRAMTIN

Long time reader, first time writer. Hi everyone!

Great story! I've also been travelling to VP from abroad and I must say Villa staff are great at making you feel welcome. I visit once or twice a year (I travel to UK for work so a bit easier) and when I've collected tickets I've been told "oh, you're the one from Finland, I was thinking will you get here ok when weather (to fly) is like that". That's customer service! Or not really, she was just genuinely very nice.

And a bit of history. I lived in Birmingham from 2003-06 and before moving I knew I wanted to start follow one of the local clubs, and I went to one Villa and SHA game (sorry, I didn't know back they are like) to see what it's like. Not even a contest. I was sold from the moment I arrived at VP. The stadium, atmosphere, fans, everything. It was just incredible and I knew I was gonna be a fan for life. The game wasn't the greatest. We drew 1-1 against Bolton, Angel missing a late penalty. But I was back for next one.

• Like 4

great read and good you had a great day. think I must be only person in this thread to see a defeat then on 1st trip to Villa Park. a hopeless 0-2 defeat to Wigan still didnt sour the experience

Â