What a day!

AVFCRAMTIN

Glad you had a good time. Just out of interest why, what was it about Villa that made you want to support them?

I all began with me watching us play against Liverpool during the MON time, my older cousin was a Liverpool fan so I decided to be against him. After that game I started to follow Villa and here I am 5 years later, at Villa Park watching us at the Holte!

• Like 2

Glad you had a good time. Just out of interest why, what was it about Villa that made you want to support them?

I all began with me watching us play against Liverpool during the MON time, my older cousin was a Liverpool fan so I decided to be against him. After that game I started to follow Villa and here I am 5 years later, at Villa Park watching us at the Holte!

The Holte feels very special the first time you go. Glad you got to experience it mate.

• Like 1

My first game was in 1987 against Huddersfield in old division 2, it was a rubbish 1-1 draw. Maybe this is why I find some of the "worst team/manager/owner ever" comments over the summer as pure hyperbole.

Glad you had a great day, something special about seeing sports in another country. I saw the Lakers (with Patrick Ewing) quite a while ago and Miami Dolphins a few years back and enjoyed it very much.

• Like 1

After my long trip from Sweden I finally got here! I was looking forward to my first visit at the Holte End and boy was it great!

Have to be one of the greatest days in my life! Singing all the Villa songs, calling the referee a wan*** and just enjoying the atmosphere! As if that wasn't enough, managed to fill my autograph book with every players autograph (besides Zog who raced out from the parking) and get to meat Fabian Delph, my favorite player! Thank you Aston Villa and every player for this great experience, till next time!

BBCode (message boards & forums)rNNr1ih.jpg

Glad you had a good day pal, it's easy to take it for granted when you live locally!

Glad that you enjoyed your first VP experience.

• Like 1

What a truly magnificent story to capture and thank you for sharing it with all.

The day and memories will stay with you for a life time, I can remember it like yesterday when my dad took me to my very first game back in October 1986.

Up The Villa pal...

• Like 1

I like your name...it sounds a bit like "Rantin" ;)

Can't remember my first game but I don't think the goals had nets and the ball was made of the arse end of a cow

• Like 1

I like your name...it sounds a bit like "Rantin" ;)

Can't remember my first game but I don't think the goals had nets and the ball was made of the arse end of a cow

Yep, first time I saw his name I started to wonder before I realised it was an "m". :P

Anyway, glad you had a great trip, mate. :) I remember my first, a boring 1-1 game against boro's. Rickets (I think) scored from an offside position and Barry equalised from the spot. We really shoudl've won that game. But it was still one of my best days ever. I remember shedding a tear when the teams entered the pitch. Although the only one famous Villa related person I got to see was that old git who used to be our chairman.

Now, join the Villa Sweden fan club and join us on our trips that we do every spring. It's great fun. :D

Â