Tom Fox

Cracker1234

He was a merchandise guy at Arsenal for god sake, who else is shocked he completely failed at running us and has managed to do in 18 months what we've been trying to avoid for 6 years? Not saying we'll hire anyone better and knowing Villa we wont but he and his clueless cronies simply had to go. Good riddance.

• Like 3

Could have been useful employed as a commercial man as at Arsenal but how on earth he landed the CEO job baffles me. Good riddance to more expensive waste. I just hope he's replaced by someone who knows what they're doing.

didnt he secure the Under Armour kit deal for next season  ? Yeah ok it's not a lot of return for his salary but clearly he knew how to do some things ?

Edited by tonyh29

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

didnt he secure the Under Armour kit deal for next season  ? Yeah ok it's not a lot of return for his salary but clearly he knew how to do some things ?

No doubt if he was employed in a role similar to his last be could've brought some more revenue in. The CEO role was too much for him and his reputation is now too far gone to go back to that role with us.

On 13 March 2016 at 03:59, Zatman said:

that was 30 years ago, football has changed a hell of a lot since then. Ranieri probably has no idea who Ron Saunders is

Football changes by the day.....but many principles of football have been around for over a hundred years.

certain things change all the time....some things don't.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

What's the betting he goes to another prem team as CEO and becomes a success....

Now the hunt begins for one of these mythical football people. (Can only think of Cortese)

Like our players, will do.lol

I think the point is that he and Almstadt were so close to each other. They came more or less as a team, with a vision/plan- and as CEO, Fox was instrumental in supporting the footballing direction that Amstadt took,ie signing cheapish imports with no experience of the premiership.  Almstadt and Fox as a team, buying playersof dubious quality, based on statistical analysis. That it clearly hasn't worked, and £60 odd million spunked on players who have not only failed, but done so very badly, without any fight or determination, all of whom have left the club with little resale value on the balance sheet. That Almstadt and therefore by implication, Fox, went against and over the wishes of two managers, and have upset them,willnot have gone unnoticed.

Fox chose the plan of action, and his fellow Directors for his experiment, it failed,badly, and so he must go. Fox was clearly off as soon as Almstadt was.

Although some of us predicted this at the start of the season, that a large influx of mainly  young French Ligue 1 players would not form the required "dressing room bond", nor have the support systems to allow them to be a success, that they were not a good cultural fit, and got dogs abuse off this board for it.  Indeed, most here thought that it was an excellent transfer window, and were full of optimism. Those that begged to differ were roundly told we were fools for laughing at the Kings new clothes.

I am getting more depressed by the minute. We have sacked our CEO and are now trying to find a replacement?

You don't sack the CEO until you have a replacement lined up FFS.

Let's hope this is just the latest in the long line of lies and half truths from the club and they really do know who is coming in next.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

What's the betting he goes to another prem team as CEO and becomes a success....

Now the hunt begins for one of these mythical football people. (Can only think of Cortese

No premier league side will touch him aftrhis huge failure with us. Bye bye clown 

5 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I think it is difficult to say he is incompetent, but not to say he was out of his depth.

I wish him well.

I agree with the first part but I don't wish him well - he had me fooled for quite a long time with his slick PR but his true colours were shown in the last few months. Glad to see him go. 

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I am getting more depressed by the minute. We have sacked our CEO and are now trying to find a replacement?

You don't sack the CEO until you have a replacement lined up FFS.

Let's hope this is just the latest in the long line of lies and half truths from the club and they really do know who is coming in next.

I thought he resigned?

• Like 2

How many people are recruited on personality alone? A bit of the old blarney fools so many employers.

Let's see evidence of what you've done in the past, is it appropriate for the job. That's what counts. 

I've heard he's a confident personality with a lot of charm so he's convinced Randy and co that he can turn the club around with his fantasy football tactics. As we know this has failed spectaculary so he had to go, one way or the other. Common sense would tell anyone with any football knowledge that when you strip out the experienced spine of a football team it is essential that first and foremost you replace it.

That is where they went wrong big style. I can't believe that nobody at the club didn't try to tell them but they probably didn't listen.

At least now we seem to be assembling together people who understand the game of football cause that's what we are, a football club.

All the commercial stuff is very important but they are nothing without that team on the pitch and the fans who support this magnificient (yes even now when we're struggling) football club.

UTV

Edited by Vincenzo

Â