Tom Fox

Cracker1234

so 2 of the 3 who need to go have stepped down so far, neither of them sacked?

interesting tactics used by hollis maybe?

why would you step down from an extremely high paid job...

still, glad hes gone.

Is it just a favourable way of saying by mutual consent.

I.e. we played them a sum(not quite a full payoff) to leave.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure I am happy about this, I caertainly think he had alot to offer on the commercial side of things. At present it seems we are putting together a board of "Dinosaurs".

Preparing for extinction? 

• Like 1

Talk about restoring us to our rightful place in the Premier League. Keep that up!

Welcome, Foxy.

I thought I'd look back, as I always do when someone leaves, to see my first views on him joining in the vague hope I never get excited at an appointment again.

I remember that quote and his talk about restoring Aston Villa to our rightful place in the Premier League. He has quite literally done the opposite. He (probably) leaves us in a place outside the Premier League. I know it hasn't all be his fault but unfortunately he was instrumental in our current situation.

You had one job, Tom. One job.

• Like 1

Personally I'd have preferred Fox to Hollis, but I know I'm in a pretty small minority there.

Given the way Hollis has acted since the moment he arrived, this was always on the cards and I'm sure is deliberate. Fox has failed, the proof of that can be seen on any given weekend, but I'm not sure he was quite as bad as many on here have painted him and I have a feeling that once his successor (our new de facto CEO Mr Hollis) has finished doing the popular bit of getting rid of people, we'll discover that whilst we've departed a frying pan we're still up to our necks in flames.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Personally I'd have preferred Fox to Hollis, but I know I'm in a pretty small minority there.

Given the way Hollis has acted since the moment he arrived, this was always on the cards and I'm sure is deliberate. Fox has failed, the proof of that can be seen on any given weekend, but I'm not sure he was quite as bad as many on here have painted him and I have a feeling that once his successor (our new de facto CEO Mr Hollis) has finished doing the popular bit of getting rid of people, we'll discover that whilst we've departed a frying pan we're still up to our necks in flames.

We don't know anything about Hollis. He maybe a clown, and going by previous appointments - he probably is.

Thing is - he might be. Or he might not. The hope is there, at least.

Where as we know Fox is. We know he spent all summer crowing about how great this new team he had put together is. And we all know that team is actually rather rubbish.

• Like 2

Just now, Kingman said:

Nobody knows what he did... but we're glad he's gone? ;)

I know - him and his pal Almsradt got us relegated by playing amateur fantasy football with our once great club.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What's the betting he goes to another prem team as CEO and becomes a success....

Now the hunt begins for one of these mythical football people. (Can only think of Cortese)

No chance. We gave him a job above his station. He'll go back to doing the job he can do. Any club that hires this idiot as CEO is asking for trouble. 

• Like 1

Â