Tom Fox

Cracker1234

2 hours ago, DK82 said:

I might get a ticket for the next home game, as close to Fox as possible, and let him know it.

I'm also led to believe that the top tier of the Trinity will be closed next season if, or rather when, we go down.

4 hours ago, Cridontour said:

I know Kirsten through a friend that we give a lift up to Villa Park every week, he sits next to her and her dad in the front row of the Upper Trinity right behind the Directors box. He told us all about it on the way home after the game. He said she did not swear or use abusive language.

He also called me a few hours after the game having spoken to Kirsten's dad. The stewards also threw out two other people who weren't doing anything. The Club have also told her that if she wants to renew her season ticket she must move from that area of the ground.

I saw/heard all this yesterday. After the 3rd or 4th goal, some people began shouting from above the directors box down towards Fox as were others below in the lower Trinity. Plenty of obscenities from the lower Trinity but I didnt hear any swearing from those above, just angry shouting.

Obviously the ones above Fox were too close for comfort to the rarified atmosphere of the directors box and the stewards moved in. Obviously protest of any description is not acceptable.

There was also a bunch of people over in the lower Ellis who started chanting - We want Lerner Out. Stewards moved in for some reason - what is that all about? 

1 hour ago, Cridontour said:

I'm also led to believe that the top tier of the Trinity will be closed next season if, or rather when, we go down.

Get her to call the BM and tell her story I am sure they would love to hear the excellent behaviour of our idiotic chief executive

It's really quite amazing the stuff on and off the pitch that "soap oprah" also known as Aston Villa have managed to deliver this season.

As a neutral I'd be laughing my head off.

Sadly as a Villa fan for over 25 years it's just plain embarrassing and frustrating. I live in Watford and was so so close to getting over to the game yesterday despite the outlay, hindsight can be a good thing sometimes.

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Obviously the ones above Fox were too close for comfort to the rarified atmosphere of the directors box and the stewards moved in. Obviously protest of any description is not acceptable.

There was also a bunch of people over in the lower Ellis who started chanting - We want Lerner Out. Stewards moved in for some reason - what is that all about? 

They own the club.

People want oil sheikhs in to own the club.

Nothing about the club (or, really, any club) is about fans anymore.  People need to accept this.

19 hours ago, deamie said:

Fans need to vent their anger at what is happening at our club, the board and people running this club are a joke and if it was any other club this would also be happening too. We have been far too soft and patient as fans.....surprised it has taken this long

You vent your anger though and other fans tell you to stop swearing, stop being an idiot and so on and so on.........

Swearing isn't big and clever but anyone who has an angry rant without swearing must be a pre-programmed robot without a soul.

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Get her to call the BM and tell her story I am sure they would love to hear the excellent behaviour of our idiotic chief executive

When I spoke to my friend who sits next to her yesterday evening I did say to him she should go to the press.

Alright so just spoken to my step-Dad about the incident in the Doug Ellis yesterday and in fairness, this incident doesn't seem to be anything directly to do with Tom Fox - unless there is some sinister top-down policy designed to piss off fans. It was "over-zealous" (to put it nicely) stewards. Nevertheless it is a sad indictment of how the fans are being treated.

My step-dad and his two mates sit right at the back row of the lower Doug Ellis (I used to sit there but work most weekends so cannot) and often stand. Seeing as though there is literally a wall behind them this seems ok. I'd say it's more of a "lean" than a stand anyway. However, from time-to-time, the stewards will come up and cause a big palava about them standing. Obviously this is stupid, and them being season ticket holders for probably a combined 100 years, as well as being quite a vocal bunch of blokes, tends to result in them telling them to do-one and nothing coming of it. Rightly so in my opinion.

However, this time after this confrontation happened they decided to get the police involved. Seeing as though it was a pretty dark day for the club and everybody was already pissed-off, this was never going to end well. They took the three of them into the concourse and attempted to have their season tickets confiscated, all of which refused apart from my step-Dad who basically just said "whatever, take it". Coming from a man who's been going to every home game since the 70s that should have alarm bells ringing at the club but quite clearly they couldn't care less.

The policeman then told the other two that they had done nothing wrong and there was nothing he could do, but the stewards continued to try to take their tickets away.

Obviously this is probably just a case of power-tripping stewards, but this sort of thing is not uncommon (as evidence by what happened in the Trinity), and my step-Dad has already written to the club. Also apparently somebody had their season ticket confiscated for having an "e-cigarette".

I'd be surprised if any of the three attend another game this season but that's not the point. The point is the club treat the fans like they are second-class citizens, when they should be trying to get them on board. This makes sense from a PR and financial perspective, because a better atmosphere results in better results, and happier fans result in higher gate receipts.

Does anybody remember the scene in V for Vendetta where it builds up towards the end, the Fawkes masks are handed out on the street, the rebellion begins, then the little girl accidently gets shot by the powers that be.... causing full blown revolt.

This could have been just the spark we needed.

*Minus people getting shot obviously.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

This picture makes me shudder!!

Back row: Fox, Almstadt and Paddy Riley and that clown Steven Hollis in front of them!! Absolute jokers..

12744276_10153371756326200_6604431325522

Are they getting a pay cut when/if the club goes down?

Â