Tom Fox

Cracker1234

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

According to the mail, fox and Almstadt are flying to New York to meet with Lerner tomorrow. Thought Almstadt just analyses a few stats and helps book a few hotels for scouts. 

unbelievable that this meeting hasnt already been done before the window. I hope Randy loses everything hes got with the way hes treating this club. 

• Like 1

Such heroes the pair of them , heading over to try and convince Randy to release funds. This stinks of Lerner being the fall guy again and trying to make Fox and his buddies look like they know what they are doing, just piss off out the club,  none of them have a clue about football. 

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

unbelievable that this meeting hasnt already been done before the window. I hope Randy loses everything hes got with the way hes treating this club. 

This exactly for me. I read it as if Wycombe is the catalyst for them to try to convince randy we need investment. Its just a joke. Remi hasn't covered himself in glory but I really couldn't blame him for just walking. If randy et all haven't realised before now we desperately need more quality, if nothing else but to save our club from complete humiliation, I once and for all give up! 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Maybe they're off to meet the mystery chairman?

One report states they will discuss new chairmen , Mervyn King is being considered and another a football person.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

According to the mail, fox and Almstadt are flying to New York to meet with Lerner tomorrow. Thought Almstadt just analyses a few stats and helps book a few hotels for scouts. 

Given that we know Almstadt has nothing to do with anything, I assume he's going along to carry baggage and help Fox operate the trouser-press. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I buy into the whole Fox doesn't know what he's doing argument. I think he's more savvy than he gets credit for, and there's an awful lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about. I know I'm in a distinct minority here.

Its being reported that Garde has already missed out on targets this window. I wonder if there was a budget agreed a while ago, but it's not enough.

Lerner holds the purse strings, so we spend as much or as little as he wants. Fox et al may well have spent the last few months trying to convince Lerner that he NEEDS to open his wallet even to be competitive in the Championship (I wouldn't put it past Lerner to assume he wouldn't have to spend anything and we'd come straight back again), and this New York meeting is a "we told you so" type thing in an attempt to get a few more dollars out of Randy.

I understand Fox will know Garde from Arsenal, and I also understand he was courting him for a while before he joined us. I think it's reasonable to assume then that they're quite close. Perhaps Fox and Garde are manipulating the media. In my opinion this would match the reported rhetoric from Garde that the whole squad needs replacing, that certain players' contracts need to be bought out etc, and could also explain why Houllier and McLeish are in the media suggesting we need to spend big. Given the bad publicity, I can imagine this would be like the artillery barrage hitting Lerner where it hurts in the media before Fox walks in and secures the cash we need to buy some half decent players.

All very 'house of cards'-esque I'll freely admit, but maybe Fox is playing Lerner at the moment.

Or, maybe no one has a clue what they're doing, and this meeting is to agree the transfer budget for this window.

Dear Tom, 

Good to see the organisation skills are in full swing, Meeting in Lerner to discuss funds for potential signings or loans in mid January is better than Transfer deadline day you might say.

I understand you have been busy over the festive buying presents and eating food so was unable to do any sort of earlier preparations as you are a very busy man

Anyhow on other news Aston Villa,

Just a small reminder that Rome's Still **** Burning and Its mid January, We have signed **** all and we are now entering shit creek without a paddle! 

Any thoughts of pressing the sanction button to give us a glimmer of hope after the boys run through walls last night. 

Its a possibility it may just give us a lift with some new faces in town, especially one who can stick the ball in the back of the net! 

Take you're time but hurry the **** up!

Thanks.

Edited by Kingman

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-closing-new-lucrative-7217974?

Aston Villa closing in on new lucrative kit deal with Under Armour despite relegation concern

MirrorSport understands the contract includes significant financial reductions in the event of relegation after CEO Tom Fox lined up the deal

Aston Villa's Rudy Gestede celebrates scoring their first goal with team mates
New deal: Villa's current deal with Macron expires this summer

Premier League strugglers Aston Villa are set for a major boost after lining up Under Armour as their likely new kit manufacturers.

Villa's American regime are close to finalising a deal with the USA brand who also provide kit for Spurs and Wales' rugby team.

But MirrorSport understands the potentially lucrative contract includes significant financial reductions in the event of relegation.

Villa prop up the Premier League with just 12 points from 22 matches with 16 fixtures left and are 10 points from safety.

It leaves them facing a daunting prospect to stay up but Villa CEO Tom Fox has still managed to line up a deal with Under Armour.

In pictures: Villa 1-1 Leicester

VIEW GALLERY Leicester's Jamie Vardy is held back after clashing with Aston Villa's Leandro Bacuna

Fox, who previously worked for Arsenal as chief commercial officer, was brought into the club in August 2014 to help increase revenues as American owner Randy Lerner aims to make Villa self-financing.

Macron have produced Villa’s playing strip, replica kit, training wear and other clothing merchandise for the past four years. 
But the record-breaking £15million deal expires this summer and now Under Armour is in line to replace them.

Villa's Sporting Director Hendrik Almstadt was seen wearing an Under Armour hat in the stands at Adams Park recently in the club's FA Cup third round draw at Wycombe.

David PriceAston-Villa-v-Arsenal-Premier-League
Chiefs: Almstadt and Tom Fox watch on from the stands

Tottenham previously signed a five-year deal worth up to £50m with Under Armour which started in 2012/2013.

While Fox helped broker a £170m kit deal with Puma in 2013 when at Arsenal.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-closing-new-lucrative-7217974?

Aston Villa closing in on new lucrative kit deal with Under Armour despite relegation concern

MirrorSport understands the contract includes significant financial reductions in the event of relegation after CEO Tom Fox lined up the deal

Cant see that as a good deal

"significant reductions"

????????

Â