Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Personally, I can't see Fox coming here unless he's been promised a certain level of control and financial backing.

I think of it this way - Arsenal are finally re-emerging as title challengers (in my mind at least) and are willing to spend the big bucks to really push forward. It's an exciting time for them, and for Fox to leave a well-regarded position at Arsenal and come here now, would require certain guarantees from Lerner (or potential new owner) with regards to control and financial backing.

Yes, he is moving up from CCO to a CEO position, but surely he'd want to know if he will be afforded the tools to push the club on? I'm thinking hoping it means a new push by Randy (unlikely) or he is joining with the blessing of new owners in the near future.

I think that getting an offer to be a CEO would have been too good to turn down. He would not get that amount of responsibility at Arsenal, they would go for someone who already has experience at CEO.

With us he gets to learn the job and even if we get taken over and he is moved on he can still say had 'CEO' on his CV. He can look at getting a new job running another organisation.

For us it is a bit of a risk as he will be a bit like Falker, untested in this role, but he must have some fantastic commercial contacts from his time at Arsenal so we should see an impact from that aspect.

I expect a rebranding at some point within the next year. I expect "Aston Villa" will reappear on the badge. I expect preseason friendlies in Asia, a better kit deal, the stadium being renamed :( , a higher profile shirt sponsor, and a bigger push into Birmingham itself, through promotional events, community outreach, youth programs etc. Fox probably thinks Villa has the potential to draw 65K fans, given the size of the city, and I'd have to agree. That's a ways off, though...

What does he eat for breakfast?

He's American so pancakes with bacon and scrambled eggs all covered in syrup. On the same plate! Ugh.

well he's currently got a pretty decent job at Arsenal. I would say it's highly unlikely he'd leave that role to be a yesman at a lower status club. I suspect being CEO and having more roles and impact potential would be fairly key to his decision making would it not? Hardly seems the kind of chap to move for family reasons or anything like such.

Depends on how much he currently earns. Wasn't Faulkner reportedly on something like £250k per annum? If he gets a big pay rise out of it then who knows. In any other line of business that generally is how it goes.

Does he seem like the kind of man to take a role like that?

I couldn't say.

Yeah. Except you are saying. You're postulating in the very post above that money was the motivating factor.

From his CV, and the interview posted in this very thread, does he seem like "that guy" to you?

This is me speculating but.....

Randy's had a few offers for the club, but well below what he wants. Potential buyers have looked under the hood and seen that he's financed the club for the last 8 years and that the club does not finance itself, a major drawback and potentially why prospective owners have bid low as they know that whatever they buy the club, they will also have to chuck in a fair amount just to keep the existing set-up running as we run at a loss. But there's the opportunity to make more from the Villa name, but you've got to prove it to drive more value from from any sale price.

Hire a guy with a proven track record who can bring more revenue quickly by getting a better return from commercial activities. It's a win win - get it right and Randy doesn't have to keep chucking in as much money in the medium term and the club becomes more sell-able as Randy's putting less in, therefore getting a higher valuation when it's sold.

If it works, this could be a very cheap way for Randy to get a higher valuation - but it does suggest he's taking a more medium term view and the club won't be sold in the short term. I've seen this happen before when a 'selling' company hires a commercial guy to increase sales quickly to drive up the valuation of a company over 12-18 month period.

Either that or he's the guy the new owners want in charge.....

Pure speculation on my part, but wanted to share my views.

Yes - the most likley scenario - if FOX was linked to some other owners pretty sure we would have got wind of this  - looks like a well connected guy  - but the most important thing he will do is hire \ fire our managers

How much can he possibly increase revenue by? I can't imagine sponsors are lining up to throw money at a team fighting relegation year in year out. And surely the only way merchandise and ticket sales increase is through performances on the pitch improving a lot.

How much can he possibly increase revenue by? I can't imagine sponsors are lining up to throw money at a team fighting relegation year in year out. And surely the only way merchandise and ticket sales increase is through performances on the pitch improving a lot.

Surely it's about tapping into other markets etc. That we haven't tapped into yet to maximise all areas of potential revenues. He seems to know how to do this.

Surely it's about tapping into other markets etc. That we haven't tapped into yet to maximise all areas of potential revenues. He seems to know how to do this.

He'll have plenty of contacts in Asia having been involved with NBA Asia

• Like 1

Yeah good point, but again I find it hard to believe a club struggling in this league can make a lot in these other markets.

The most successful clubs make the most money, they don't make money first and then become successful.

It could be he has been hired by the guys coming in who are buying the club?

Reason being,

He seems like an outstanding candidate and Lerner doesn't do outstanding candidates.

All speculation though. Either way, terrific appointment.

• Like 1

Â