Tom Fox

Cracker1234

I think this will be good appointment if it's true, and it either signals that there's no sale even close or that sale is close because I can't see anyone coming in as CEO if there's this much uncertainty.

I really hope one day we'll gonna learn the whole story what has gone in the background with Lerner's statements, Faulker and Lerner.

True but then how much certainty is there coming to work for a man who said he wants to sell the club only a few months ago?  I'm clinging to that type of thinking to not kill off my dream of being taken over this summer.

True that...unless he's MASSIVE Villa fan :D

Its like this in my opinion.

We are on the verge of being taking over.

Or

We are going to be taken off the market.

I think the latter after lamberts comment about trying to get a few more players in as well as this new guy leaving Arsenal.

Edited by HeyAnty

I think this will be good appointment if it's true, and it either signals that there's no sale even close or that sale is close because I can't see anyone coming in as CEO if there's this much uncertainty.

I really hope one day we'll gonna learn the whole story what has gone in the background with Lerner's statements, Faulker and Lerner.

We may not have to wait too long

Faulkner set to spill the beans on his Villa departure at chamber event

18th August 2014

inShare

Share:

businessdesk__1263826567_business026.jpg

By Duncan Tift - Deputy Editor, West Midlands

businessdesk__1404812316_Paul_Faulkner.j

Paul Faulkner

FORMER Aston Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner could be in the frame to reveal more about his mysterious departure from the club earlier this summer.

Faulkner has kept a low profile since quitting Villa Park in July but he has now agreed to speak at an exclusive event being organised by the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce.

Faulkner, 36, joined Villa when the famous club was taken over by American multi-millionaire Randy Lerner in 2006.

He had previously worked with Lerner at MBNA Corporation, where the latter was chairman until the company was sold to Bank of America, in 2005.

During his time at Villa, Faulkner assumed responsibility for the daily running of the club, which included working alongside the manager in the acquisition and retention of players.

He was also responsible for commercial activities, and in eight years he oversaw revenue more than double, from £45m to £115m.

Faulkner has also held a number of roles at the Football Association, including the organisation’s international committee, which he joined in July 2013.

At the chamber event, which takes place at Birmingham Hippodrome on September 17, he will be talking about his career and what the future holds for the FA and the England team.

The chamber said the event was something of a coup, as Faulkner had agreed to be a guest back in February, before his departure from Villa.

Chamber events director Henrik Court said: “This is a massive coup for us, as Paul Faulkner has been one of the major figures in Midlands’ football in recent years, and is well respected at the Football Association.

“Anyone with an interest in football will be keen to find out about his views on what the future holds for the FA, and in particular the England team, and also about his time at Villa.”

Edited by Cracker1234

well he's currently got a pretty decent job at Arsenal. I would say it's highly unlikely he'd leave that role to be a yesman at a lower status club. I suspect being CEO and having more roles and impact potential would be fairly key to his decision making would it not? Hardly seems the kind of chap to move for family reasons or anything like such.

Depends on how much he currently earns. Wasn't Faulkner reportedly on something like £250k per annum? If he gets a big pay rise out of it then who knows. In any other line of business that generally is how it goes.

Does he seem like the kind of man to take a role like that?

I couldn't say.

Or

I think the latter after lamberts comment about trying to get a few more players in as well as this new guy leaving Arsenal.

we've spent all summer looking for hidden meanings...i think hes appointed Faulkners replacement....nothing more...

• Like 2

Looks good if he is our new CEO. The more money we can make will help improve the quality of the team and (if he is still looking) make us a better prospect to potential buyers/investors.

Or

we've spent all summer looking for hidden meanings...i think hes appointed Faulkners replacement....nothing more...

If you had a really good job at a top company and highly thought after, would you leave to work for a guy for a slightly better job that could only last a few weeks? Doesn't make rational sense to me.

• Like 1

Or

If you had a really good job at a top company and highly thought after, would you leave to work for a guy for a slightly better job that could only last a few weeks? Doesn't make rational sense to me.

Equally you don't get to those positions without taking risks...my bet is Randy has told him no sale is imminent...and maybe he has some protection in his contract...or maybe the pay rise makes it a risk worth taking...

Seems like good news although he certainly isn't a football 'man 'but it's great that he has done his apprenticeship with Arsenal and can now move up the football ladder to the mighty Villa. 

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 3

Or

I feel the same way.

Or

Equally you don't get to those positions without taking risks...my bet is Randy has told him no sale is imminent...and maybe he has some protection in his contract...or maybe the pay rise makes it a risk worth taking...

Would this guy not have to do a months gardening leave as well? Very strange indeed

Seems like good news although he certainly isn't a football but it's great that he has done his apprenticeship with Arsenal and can now move up the football ladder to the mighty Villa. 

Damn right he isn't  ;)

Sorry, Couldn't help myself!

• Like 1

Sounds good, except for one thing- why the heck would he come to the Villa?

My guess is a sale is imminent, he already knows what his salary will be and how much money will be allotted to the football side of things. No way this man comes to Aston Villa not knowing he's landed on firm ground.

Very promising development!

• Like 4

Seems like good news although he certainly isn't a football but it's great that he has done his apprenticeship with Arsenal and can now move up the football ladder to the mighty Villa. 

Damn right he isn't  ;)

Sorry, Couldn't help myself!

Haha no worries, my bad.

• Like 1

Sounds good, except for one thing- why the heck would he come to the Villa?

My guess is a sale is imminent, he already knows what his salary will be and how much money will be allotted to the football side of things. No way this man comes to Aston Villa not knowing he's landed on firm ground.

Very promising development!

I hope this is true

The idea of Lerner pulling the plug on selling the club and staying while we stagnate for the next 5 years makes me feel sick

Edited by AshVilla

Â