Tom Fox

Cracker1234

so you think he should sack Sherwood after 2 games?

not really sure the point you are trying to make or you just want to be proven right about him

I have no problem with Sherwood - I am sure he is doing his best

I have real issues with those who saw him as the answer - and even then missed out on his coaching staff 

If your impressed with Tom Fox - fine - for me has got some massive and crucial calls 100% wrong - and I am sorry but at CEO level of a multi million business, you have to get those right, and are accountable if you get them wrong.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Was it? we could've just persisted with Lambert.

Lambert should've been gone at the end of last season. The fact that he lasted as long as he did was criminal, and if was sacked earlier we would be safe by now.

Or signed one of the many other available managers.

Like who?

Lambert should've been gone at the end of last season. The fact that he lasted as long as he did was criminal, and if was sacked earlier we would be safe by now.

Like who?

It's a bit like saying Dick Advocatt was the only choice for Sunderland.

We will never know to be honest. I'll never be able to prove to satisfaction that other managers were available. I think it unlikely Sherwood was anything like the ONLY choice though.

Do we really want to do this debate? :)

Like who?

We will never know to be honest. I'll never be able to prove to satisfaction that other managers were available. I think it unlikely Sherwood was anything like the ONLY choice though.

Just saying I think Sherwood was the obvious and easiest choice

Like who?

Like I said when we appointed Sherwood, there were dozens of other managers available.

This myth that Sherwood was the only manager available is just that, a myth.

The only difference in my opinion now is that I used to use that point as a negative against the appointment. Now it's looking like a huge positive.

• Like 1

Like who?

Just saying I think Sherwood was the obvious and easiest choice

There were other options available however I dont believe we explored any of them. I firmly believe Fox wanted Sherwood in and wasn't even interested in anybody else or even bothered trying to get anybody else.

After having spoken to him before, he sounds really excited by what he can do with the potential on offer at Villa. Sherwood was definitely risky but its brought so much feel good factor to the club that even fans of other teams who wanted to see us relegated at Christmas are actually glad we seem to be on the up. 

I am excited about next season (With a sneaky European adventure thrown in) for the first time in years and I think Fox has a lot to do with that!

*First post so be gentle!

• Like 1

After having spoken to him before, he sounds really excited by what he can do with the potential on offer at Villa. Sherwood was definitely risky but its brought so much feel good factor to the club that even fans of other teams who wanted to see us relegated at Christmas are actually glad we seem to be on the up. 

I am excited about next season (With a sneaky European adventure thrown in) for the first time in years and I think Fox has a lot to do with that!

*First post so be gentle!

**** of you word removed.

Welcome to VillaTalk :)

• Like 3

Whether Tom Fox looked at 200 managers or only looked at Sherwood doesn't matter. What does matter is he gets the choice right and so far that seems to be the case. Personally I believe he looked around for a plan B in the case of PL not working out and with time constraints knowing any change would have to be swift. So I believe he's done everything correctly. What will stand him out and enhance his reputation is getting big sponsorship deals and the continued success of Sherwood. To me he seems a smart operator and when he's talked about us has set out a proper plan of what we want to achieve and more importantly how we will. Things are finally looking up enjoy it whilst we can!

Â