Midweek football 18/21 August

andykeenan

I agree. Second half was quite dull as Chelsea just kept it tight and played at a lower pace.

Burnley looked ok going forward, but we're just carved apart at the back.

Saying that, Chelsea played some amazing football, so maybe wait until they've played a team without such good movement and passers in midfield, and then see. But I can't see them keeping too many clean sheets based on last night.

It isn't uncommon for successful Championship sides to come into the PL and not fully comprehend the gulf in quality between the two divisions and try and play as openly as they did the season before.

One of two things happen, they learn and learn quickly that they need to change or they get spanked out of sight until the manager changes.

I think it will be the former with Burnley as I think their manager is smart enough to try and change them and the way they play but its going to be a tough season for them.

That said I think Jose has built a title winning Chelsea side and one that looks capable of winning games in 45 minutes and then closing them down which is very similar to his first title winning Chelsea side.

The options they have and the ability of their players to interchange is quite frightening. 

• Like 1

Â