Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I think I'd leave Gabby in for the moment on the basis of his ability to play all three of the attacking spots. I'd move Westwood up next to Delph and drop Richardson, who did okay on his debut but would be the one to miss out in order to bring Sanchez in for me. Maybe then add Cole as a sub for Westwood late on if we're chasing it.

---------------------Guzan--------------------

Hutton---Senderos-------Vlaar----Cissokho

--------------------Sanchez--------------------

----------Westwood--------Delph-------------

Weimann-----------------------------N'Zogbia

------------------Agbonlahor------------------

Subs Given, Okore, Baker, Richardson, Grealish, Bacuna, Cole

There are some good players that might not make our match day squad in a months time - for me, the likes of Bent, Clark, Baker, Bennett and Al Ahmadi might struggle to make the bench once Benteke and Kozak are back - and that sort of competition for places bodes well for us.

• Like 1

I would play a 4-1-3-2 Sanchez coming in as defensive mid in front of the human wall, nzogbia, Delph, Westwood in the 3 and bent and Weimann up top.

Cabella will take some stopping if his debut is anything to go by.

• Like 1

Going to be a very difficult one. Newcastle are a lot more tricky going forward so we'll need the back 4 to be as strong as they were on Saturday. Hopefully Sanchez will be ready to play so we can add that little bit more solidity infront of the defence and allow Delph/whoever else is in midfield the opportunity to get forward. Weimann will probably hold his place after scoring V Stoke, but I'd drop Gabby for this one. He's not as useful at home where we can't rely on counter attacking, although he might be useful as a late sub if the game is still 0-0. 

Guzan

Hutton    Vlaar  Senderos  Cissokho

Sanchez

N'zogbia  Westwood    Delph

Bent  Weimann

I think that'd be okay. I can't see Lambert dropping Westwood, and I doubt he'll play Cole this weekend. 

I would play a 4-1-3-2 Sanchez coming in as defensive mid in front of the human wall, nzogbia, Delph, Westwood in the 3 and bent and Weimann up top.

Cabella will take some stopping if his debut is anything to go by.

took the words right out of my mouth!

Newcastle looked good against city and Cabella looks like a great signing so I hope sanchez is fit enough to start.

A bit controversial maybe but would it be wise to start Okore to match the pace they have going forward.  Senderos was excellent against stoke but I could see Newcastle causing real problems when attacking us.

Would not change the back four.

Hell no. Would be a crime the way they played.

I think I'd leave Gabby in for the moment on the basis of his ability to play all three of the attacking spots. I'd move Westwood up next to Delph and drop Richardson, who did okay on his debut but would be the one to miss out in order to bring Sanchez in for me. Maybe then add Cole as a sub for Westwood late on if we're chasing it.

---------------------Guzan--------------------

Hutton---Senderos-------Vlaar----Cissokho

--------------------Sanchez--------------------

----------Westwood--------Delph-------------

Weimann-----------------------------N'Zogbia

------------------Agbonlahor------------------

Subs Given, Okore, Baker, Richardson, Grealish, Bacuna, Cole

There are some good players that might not make our match day squad in a months time - for me, the likes of Bent, Clark, Baker, Bennett and Al Ahmadi might struggle to make the bench once Benteke and Kozak are back - and that sort of competition for places bodes well for us.

Yes thats the team i would pick if Sanchez is fit enough to start. 

Anybody know how the ticket sales are looking so far? .

Nope but id imagine it will be near on a full house given its the first home game, we actually won and played well last week, and we have something of a "marquee" signing hoping to make his debut. We need to keep the momentum going. I myself will be up the boozer early doors as I dont have BT sport

Weimann have to play upfront, if the past seasons has told us something it is that he's not a winger. I think everytime hes played as a striker he has done well,i would go with this lineup:

--------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton---Senderos---Vlaar---Cissokho

-------------------Sanchez---------------------

--------------Westwood---Delph--------------

N'Zogbia--------------------------Agbonlahor

--------------------Weimann-----------------------

• Like 1

2-0 to Newcastle. They have a better team than we do unfortunately. We've been poor at home for a long time now. With Benteke and Kozak injured, and no attacking midfielder, I think we will struggle. I'd take a 0-0 all day.

_____________________Guzan___________________

__Hutton___Senderos__________Vlaar____Cissokho__

___________________Sanchez___________________

_________Westy________________Delph__________

__N'Zogbia_________________________Richardson__

___________________Weimann___________________

This is the team I would pick. I don't think Gabby did enough to keep his place, and he'd be a better option coming off the bench in the second half. 

Anybody know how the ticket sales are looking so far?

Really hoping that Sanchez plays, Lambert says its down to how he feels personally so if he says he's ready to go I imagine he'll play.

Not looking good if this is anything to go by.

20u2xdw.jpg

Anybody know how the ticket sales are looking so far? .

Nope but id imagine it will be near on a full house given its the first home game, we actually won and played well last week, and we have something of a "marquee" signing hoping to make his debut. We need to keep the momentum going. I myself will be up the boozer early doors as I dont have BT sport

Doubt it will be anywhere near a full house unfortunately. My guess is we are on about 33/34k and think it may push up to about 36 come match day.