Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Just been on the official site to look at tickets. a LOT of tickets still available by the looks of it

That's cos it's on TV, won't be a sellout that's for sure.

Will be a tough game I think, 'castle looked good going forward on Sunday and I think they'll cause us problems so will be a real test for this new look defence.

I think it'll be too soon for Sanchez, I would put Bent in for N'Zog and put Gabby wide, only change I'd make personally unless Joe Cole is fit and then maybe I'd toy with putting him in, not sure who ahead of though

We should be aiming for max points from our home games

Newcastle are not Barcelona and i expect us not to treat them with too much respect

Go out attack them we are the home team games like this will be a yardstick on how much we have progressed since last season

Have to agree. After beating Stoke away why on earth people would be happy with a draw at home to Newcastle is beyond belief.

Just been on the official site to look at tickets. a LOT of tickets still available by the looks of it

Will be a tough game I think, 'castle looked good going forward on Sunday and I think they'll cause us problems so will be a real test for this new look defence.

I think it'll be too soon for Sanchez, I would put Bent in for N'Zog and put Gabby wide, only change I'd make personally unless Joe Cole is fit and then maybe I'd toy with putting him in, not sure who ahead of though

If N'Zog is to be dropped I'd like to see Grealish replace him. One thing that stood out last week was the hard work put in all by all players. Just can't see Bent putting in the same shift.

If N'Zog is to be dropped I'd like to see Grealish replace him. One thing that stood out last week was the hard work put in all by all players. Just can't see Bent putting in the same shift.

I think we might look to adopt two different approaches now though when playing home and away, given the options we now appear to have.

Away I think we'll carry on as we have been playing direct counter attacking football.

But at home I wonder if we might look to try and play more of a possession and build up type game, in which your Cole's etc can thrive, guessing we'd hope to achieve a result of creating more chances in which case I'd rather see Bent in the box than any of our currently fit strikers.

Just an opinion, could be miles off and we'll carry on playing the same style at home too

Newcastle will not come for the draw. They showed some positive signs in attack against City and will be confident in using width against as they did at VP last year. It won't be as easy for them this time with stronger FBs against them but we desperately need something to happen for us up front. I don't think dropping Gabby is the right call for this game though. The Toon defence is not particularly quick so we need Gabby to stretch them. If good Gabby turns up we will be in with a great chance.

• Like 1

Newcastle will not come for the draw. They showed some positive signs in attack against City and will be confident in using width against as they did at VP last year. It won't be as easy for them this time with stronger FBs against them but we desperately need something to happen for us up front. I don't think dropping Gabby is the right call for this game though. The Toon defence is not particularly quick so we need Gabby to stretch them. If good Gabby turns up we will be in with a great chance.

But if he doesn't turn up, we'll be playing with 9 outfield players. This is a massive problem for me.

People have been saying 'if gabby turns up' for years now.

He's never turning up. He's done. Forget about him. I hate the notion that a supposed premier league footballer is continually included in people's line-ups on the extremely rare off-chance that he actually does a thing in a match.

As is tradition, I feel the need to say how much I loath Newcastle United. I loath Newcastle United, so much.

Thanks. See you all again, pre our trip to The Wonga Dome.