September Optimism Gauge

limpid

Poll: Optimism Gauge 2014/5  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

I chose 9-12, and I'm slightly optimistic (but in a slightly ironic way, which would be ... pessimistic then? or optimistically pessimistic? or positively negative about being too pessimistic while maintaining a thin patina of fresh-faced faith?). Since I'm a relatively new Villa fan, I haven't yet had loads of hopes steadily and inexorably crushed year after year after year, but I do hear this is what I can expect.

I'm slightly optimistic and feeling a lot better about Villa now compared to how I felt about them before the season began. This is probably because I was dreading the start of the season but now I'm enjoying football being back.

Gone for the same finish as last time: 13-16. I think this should be the aim and we just need to make sure we get those 40 points chalked up on the board. The sooner the better. Can look at how high up the table we can get after.

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1

I've been optimistic since day one. September is a nightmare month though...

No its NOT....think back to last season! We are so much stronger this year. Wouldnt be surprised if we equal or improve on those 5 matches from last season. I prefer to concentrate on the Oct/Nov/Dec months when the teams of similar standing to us must be beaten at VP whilst snatching points away from home!

The positives so far:

Senderos is playing well
Hutton is playing well
Cissoko is playing very well
We signed Sanchez and Cleverly
Grealish is getting game time and looking good
Weimann has scored twice

Vlaar is still here and playing superbly
Richardson is doing ok as well
I like Keane's beard
Zog is back and a bit off the pace but still capable of some great creative play

The positives so far:

Senderos is playing well

Hutton is playing well

Cissoko is playing very well

We signed Sanchez and Cleverly

Grealish is getting game time and looking good

Weimann has scored twice

Vlaar is still here and playing superbly

Richardson is doing ok as well

I like Keane's beard

Zog is back and a bit off the pace but still capable of some great creative play

Agreed with all above + Benteke and Kozak are nearly back

Â