Good Headphones?

Demitri_C

I'm the same @sidcow

I hate those deep in ear headphones, the ones that are like ear plugs.

I don't know if the inline volume works on them, and they'll probably be overpriced for what you want if you have to buy them on their own, but I find the headphones you get free with iphones are actually really good.

Got some free with my work phone and use them in the gym. They're decent.

• 1 month later...

You can't get much better than Beyerdynamic DT770 pro for around the £100 mark, The 32 Ohm version is aimed more at the mobile/tablet market but there isn't a great deal of difference between the classic 80Ohm version other than the ear cushion material which is nice & furry on the 80 & that soft pleather type stuff on the 32

71yAY4QEjJL._SL1500_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2016 at 08:30, Stevo985 said:

I'm the same @sidcow

I hate those deep in ear headphones, the ones that are like ear plugs.

I don't know if the inline volume works on them, and they'll probably be overpriced for what you want if you have to buy them on their own, but I find the headphones you get free with iphones are actually really good.

Got some free with my work phone and use them in the gym. They're decent.

Yes I got one of those ear buds stuck in my ear, luckily i managed to get it out but screw them I'm not using using noise cancelling in ear ones again. I sent the sony pair back, base is over powering and got the AKG N60NC. instead. 

• 1 month later...

Audeze iSine 10 and 20 are world's first in-ear planar magnetic headphones

2nd September 2016 by Joe Cox 

These planar magnetic in-ear headphones look like nothing else on the market, and Audeze is promising they sound like nothing else either.

Audeze is well known for its planar magnetic headphones but has previously focused on mid- to high-end over-ear designs, from the EL-8 to the LCD-3. Now, for the first time, the company has squeezed its headphone tech into in-ear headphones.

The iSine 10 and iSine 20 earphones sport 30mm planar magnetic diaphragms, while keeping the weight down to just 20g - even if they're still one of the more obtrusive-looking pair of earphones you're likely to see.

That light weight will help to ensure they remain comfortable despite the larger-than-average in-ear design - we can testify they do feel comfortable - and an over-ear hook design will aim to keep them in place.

MORE: IFA 2016 news, reviews, videos

More after the break

Audeze's first in-ear headphones come in two takes, the iSine 10 ($399) and the iSine 20 ($599) - the latter boasting a longer Uniforce voice coil in an effort to further improve the sound quality.

Both pairs come with Audeze's Cipher Lightning cable, delivering 24-bit digital audio from an iPhone, iPad or iPod, and coming complete with an in-line amp and DAC - just in time for Apple to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack on the next iPhone. The Audeze iOS app allows you to customise your sound experience even further.

Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/news/audeze-isine-10-and-20-are-worlds-first-in-ear-planar-magnetic-headphones#rwIA5gE0ucxFEDo2.99

http://www.whathifi.com/news/audeze-isine-10-and-20-are-worlds-first-in-ear-planar-magnetic-headphones 

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd be reluctant to spend that much on in ear headphones no matter how good they are, they'll still doubtlessly fall foul of the commute and break far too quickly, I treat in ears as disposable.

I used to, until I bought some ridiculously expensive in ear headphones where the lead can be replaced - the actual speaker bits are removable. I've had them maybe 8-10 years now, and got through 1 lead only (i.e. I'm on the second one). The lead is Kevlar reinforced and I reckon despite the very high cost compared to most headies, they've been well worth it for the use I've had from them and the sound quality

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Audeze iSine 10 and 20 are world's first in-ear planar magnetic headphones...Both pairs come with Audeze's Cipher Lightning cable, delivering 24-bit digital audio from an iPhone, iPad or iPod, and coming complete with an in-line amp and DAC - just in time for Apple to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack on the next iPhone.

I can get 24bit audio with my sony walkman mp3 player but dont think you can on the ipod but just wondering how these are for noise cancellation.

• 10 months later...

Anyone got any recommendations on good wireless headphones? My wired ones seem to be on their last legs now. I prefer the bigger ones to the small ones you stick in your ears  

I am currently looking at These 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone got any recommendations on good wireless headphones? My wired ones seem to be on their last legs now. I prefer the bigger ones to the small ones you stick in your ears  

I use these. Never had any complaints with them whatsoever.  Great sound, bluetooth wireless, on-ear, USB charging (same as phone), great battery, skip back/forward through tracks via roller button on the headset.  Same button can (push &) receive phone-calls and there's a mic (hidden somewhere).

TBH I lucked into them as I was almost buying another set.  When I got them they were €50 but that link has them at £20.

41wgtbgAZTL._SX466_.jpg

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I bought these about a year ago. They have come down in price since

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01583HEO8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

35 minutes ago, Kingman said:

QC35's 

Absolutly superb and even better on a plane full of screaming federal rats. 

They seem really good but really pricey! id cry if I spent £300 on them and they broke!

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They seem really good but really pricey! id cry if I spent £300 on them and they broke!

I got them for the missus at Christmas. Think they were less than £250 then. 

Iirc I got JL to price match with 2 year warranty. 

Edited by Kingman

Â