Good Headphones?

Demitri_C

No matter how careful I've been with them, I've never had Sennheiser's last longer than a year, the cables always fail. This has been with their in-ear models as I don't like big headsets, their other models may be more resilient (except for their PC headsets which are overpriced shite).

I'm currently using the Shure Se215s (in ear headphones) which are going strong coming up to 2 years. Sennheiser's sounded great while they lasted, but they're far too fragile for everyday use, in my experience.

Edited by Davkaus

No matter how careful I've been with them, I've never had Sennheiser's last longer than a year, the cables always fail. This has been with their in-ear models as I don't like big headsets, their other models may be more resilient (except for their PC headsets which are overpriced shite).

I'm currently using the Shure Se215s (in ear headphones) which are going strong coming up to 2 years. Sennheiser's sounded great while they lasted, but they're far too fragile for everyday use, in my experience.

I have this problem all the time. Have to buy 2 or 3 pairs a year. Always get the fault where audio only comes through one headphone. 

If you think Beats are good headphones then you'll have to explain what you actually want from your headphones

yes i should have specified whoops. just for listening to my music on my tablet and laptop really

I got a pair of audio technica athm50 headphones for £80 off eBay that I was very pleased with

. my cousin has been raving about these saying the sound quality is insane. thinking the white ones. what has it been like?

I don't bother with posh headphones for portable devices, they just bust whatever. Keep a decent set in the lounge though.

From a purely Hi Fi reproduction standpoint, the Sennheiser HD600 phones at a shade over £200 have about the flattest frequency response you'll see anywhere.

That includes super silly expensive high end Hi Fi stuff.

They look a bit crap, but they're not a fashion accessory.

Edited by Xann

I have this problem all the time. Have to buy 2 or 3 pairs a year. Always get the fault where audio only comes through one headphone.
Had my hd280 pros for about 3 years and they're like new. They get battered and mistreated and have stood up to everything. Perhaps the cheaper stuff has to be made to a price, same as all brands.
  • Like 1

I've got some of the original beats, i'd never wear them out walking around town because i'd look an idiot due to the massive size of them.  But for travelling, especially on planes they are excellent.  Noise cancellation is superb, i'm sure other brands are just as good but i've always been happy with them.

I always find in ear headphones to be very uncomfortable and can only really use them for about 45 minutes before they actually become painful.  But like i said i;d feel like an idiot walking around with big headphones on, anyone know of any very comfortable in ear headphones?

I've gotta say, I'm very impressed by the iPhone headphones I got with my 5C. Best thing about the phone :D

Don't get me wrong, they're not super amazing quality, but they're very comfortable in ear headphones.

And a nice relief from the current trend of those headphones that are like ear plugs that I hate!

If you think Beats are good headphones then you'll have to explain what you actually want from your headphones

yes i should have specified whoops. just for listening to my music on my tablet and laptop really

I suspect the audio quality from those devices is so low that it won't matter much which headphones you go for.

If this is for commuting build quality and noise cancelling are probably your most important considerations. If this is for listening to stuff at home then go for the shiniest ones within your budget :)

Of course, if I'm wrong and you've gone for a tablet or PC with more than a rudimentary headphone driver then you probably know what you need and that's probably Sennheiser HD. I've also heard good things about the Shure cans mentioned by Davkaus above but not tried them myself.

Â