Do You Have Any Privacy?

Xann

I don't, and I'm not talking about Facebook, corporate or government agencies.

My girlfriend goes through my phone and messages, whether I'm there or not.

It doesn't bother me. I suppose she does it for peace of mind. Some of my best friends are girls and I'll often stay with them over weekends when she's working.

She might be stepping up surveillance though.

The GFs best friend has just rumbled her cheating husband, barely 15 months after getting married.

Suspicion was aroused by him suddenly not leaving his phone about. When he finally did, during a trip to the bog, she investigated and the lies unraveled.

So, do your other halves investigate what you're up to? Are they open about it, or do you just suspect that they do?

:detect:

No, but I wouldnt mind if she did, none of my search history is done when logged into google should I need to look at ladies bits. Other than that, she has my email password and she can check my phone when she wants.

My girlfriend has all my passwords, but i'd be upset if she ever read any of my messages.

On the other hand, I like to check in with my ex and some old female friends from time to time, and while it's not something I would deny if asked, I don't exactly bring it up unnecessarily. I'm not whiter than white, but i'm a pretty pale shade of grey and i'd like to think I can be afforded enough trust to excuse me from suspicion.

Are you sure it wasn't you who was caught Xann? Gf's best friend yeah.  :P

It isn't me - I don't particularly believe in marriage. People change over time, and I've seen plenty of 'rock solid' marriages dissolve into chaos, or just rumble on with both parties miserable.

If my gf went through my messages/emails/facebook or whatever then she'd be dumped on the spot.

I have nothing to hide. But going through messages is bullshit.

We've been together 9 years, and I do share a bed with the girls I'm stopping with, and they're not unattractive.

So I'm quite happy for her to go through my messages, better that than be told she's uncomfortable with me staying with friends.

I am pug ugly though :P

If my gf went through my messages/emails/facebook or whatever then she'd be dumped on the spot.

I have nothing to hide. But going through messages is bullshit.

We've been together 9 years, and I do share a bed with the girls I'm stopping with, and they're not unattractive.

So I'm quite happy for her to go through my messages, better that than be told she's uncomfortable with me staying with friends.

I am pug ugly though :P

Personally, I'd consider my relationship to be an unhealthy one if my gf had to check up on me all the time.

It's a total lack of trust.

If you did the same to her, would she be happy about it?

We can always trust Gareth to bring comedy to a thread. I take it you vomited on the doorstep, or was it......... well I hope not.

I'm deadly serious.  And yes, it was a poopy.

• Like 1

Don't think she'd be that bothered, how could she be?

Well yeah, she shouldn't be.

But you'd be surprised ;)

(One of my best mates got into an argument with his gf in front of me. She wanted his FB password so she could see who was messaging, and when he finally agreed on the condition that he got hers too, she went mental. "That's different!")

As tony above really. No secrets and full trust both ways.

I know the missus passwords and codes and vice versa. Makes everything easier if one of us falls down a cliff. If she for some reason would want to check my history she'd find a truckload of boobs and an unhealthy amount of VillaTalk

• Like 2

I've given my passwords out to friends/girlfriends if they've needed something from my email/laptop and I'm not around etc. But other than that, my girlfriend only looks at my phone if she wants to look at my photos or use it because hers has died. Very much a case of 'nothing to hide, nothing to show'. My ex-girlfriend signed up on VT because she wanted to see what I was posting on here :S that was odd.

Â