Robin Williams

villarule123

wasn't really a fan of his comedy tbh

but The Fisher King is one of my favourite films and he is great in that ... One hour photo and Insomnia showed that he could play any sort of role

I'd never really heard much about his private life before but sounds like he had plenty of demons and just couldn't conquer them in the end

Anyone remember his appearance as Mork in an episode of Happy Days?

Feckin' hilarious.

Which one? He was in at least 2 episodes, there was the finger vs the thumb episode which essentially set up the series of Mork and Mindy (one of at least 4 spin offs from Happy Days) then there was the return episode where Fond runs away from Mork… and then Fonz asks him about cars and girls in the future

Feckin' hilarious.

Which one? He was in at least 2 episodes, there was the finger vs the thumb episode which essentially set up the series of Mork and Mindy (one of at least 4 spin offs from Happy Days) then there was the return episode where Fond runs away from Mork… and then Fonz asks him about cars and girls in the future

He was in Happy Days before Mork and Mindy wasn't he?

T'was a spinoff.

Feckin' hilarious.

Forgot there was more than one. This is the one I was thinking of.

The man was exceptionally talented. A fantastic comedian but his performances in Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting and Awakenings were up there with anything any actor has produced on screen.

A true legend.

RIP

Totally agree.

Sad that a man who brought happiness and laughter to so many people could feel so alone and helpless.

Thank you Robin, rest in peace.

Apart from the obvious movies I also liked Bicentennial Man and Hook.

Incidentally for those who haven't seen Awakenings it's on Sky One HD tonight at 10pm.

His newest film the Angriest Man in New York sounds good, anyone see that?

Such a shame, RIP

Always get sad when I hear of suicide. This one hit harder than any other celebrity death though. Really loved a lot of his films. Mrs Doubtfire was a classic and really reminds me of my youth. Yes, it was super cheesy, but always makes me laugh, even now!

As others have said, and the several campaigns have said, it's absolutely ok not to feel ok, and it's perfectly acceptable to ask for help.....

As others have said the constant clowning around and being funny, even when off set was probably a front to hide the mental problems he was going through. And those twitter trolls who targeted his daughter yesterday are bang out of order. Acting big behind a PC doesn't impress me at all..

Always get sad when I hear of suicide. This one hit harder than any other celebrity death though. Really loved a lot of his films. Mrs Doubtfire was a classic and really reminds me of my youth. Yes, it was super cheesy, but always makes me laugh, even now!

As others have said, and the several campaigns have said, it's absolutely ok not to feel ok, and it's perfectly acceptable to ask for help.....

mrs doubtfire was a work of genius, on paper it should of flopped but only he could of pulled that off.

read he cut his wrists as well before hanging himself, he must of been in a very dark place. other people like tommy cooper, keith moon etc always played the joker but inside they were suffering from demons and were extremely unhappy.

Been reading that his daughter has been receiving a load of abuse on twitter including mock ups of her dads autopsy and still there is no way to truly combat it on twitter. The world is sick.

Â