Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Even with his nerves/lack of settling in time etc, he has the confidence and ability to drive passes forward.  He drilled one into Gabby (that was taken very well btw) which was superb.

I didn't really expect that sort of thing from him.

Edited by bobzy

Great that he'll have two weeks to bed in with the majority of the squad - it will take time for him to settle into the pace of the league and can understand why Lambert is easing him into matches.

Aren't Colombia playing some games so he'll be away for most of the two weeks.

I reckon he'll start v Arsenal.

Great that he'll have two weeks to bed in with the majority of the squad - it will take time for him to settle into the pace of the league and can understand why Lambert is easing him into matches.

Aren't Colombia playing some games so he'll be away for most of the two weeks.

I reckon he'll start v Arsenal.

that might be better if he gets some game time

I'd stick him on Sterling next match. With Liverpool setting up in such an attacking formation, I'd start both Cleverley, Sanchez and Delph in the middle of the park with N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor out wide.

Yes I think Sanchez Sterling could be a very interesting match up in the next game.

Personally I would go with Sanchez, Westwood, Delph, Cleverly - keep us really solid and try to control the game then Weimann and Gabby upfront. Zog still looks rusty to me and not sure this is a game he will thrive in. We'll need everyone working their bollox off.

I think Sanchez could be key for us in this game though if I were Rodgers I would play him wide backing him to have more success against Hutton who while being great going forward this season hasn't really been tested defensively.

Also they'll have Ballotelli to occupy us in the centre who always scores against us.

Â