Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I've not been in the match thread but if he really got man of the match id like some of the drugs those voting have been on

He started well enough , one thumping challenge in particular would almost certainly have seen many a prima Donna rolling around for a few days in agony

However to me he looks like a player that will struggle with the pace of the premiership .. He seems to need to readjust as he takes a first touch before laying it off and this could be his downfall

He got poorer as the game went on , I think the knock he took added to a lack of match fitness took its toll

I won't write him off after 1 game but he will need to up it a gear or so to be a success

Question for me would be where he fits in the side , presumably Delph and Westwood play so with him do we play 4 - 3- 3 or will we play some form of 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 ?

Edited by tonyh29

Will take a couple of months to settle at the very least I think. Wasn't it until Sunderland away in Lambert's first season when Westwood actually started and had a decent game. Our current midfield three has contributed to us getting 7 out of the 9 points on offer, Carlos can take as long as he wants to get up to speed.

He hasn't shown any reason to be ahead of anyone in our midfield yet. Thought he was poor when he came on, giving away that free kick was stupidity but he justs needs time to understand the English game

Â