Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I liked what I saw from his first 30 minutes for us. He looked like a decent player. If he can keep that up and improve once he's adjusted to this league, he'll be great for us. I too hope he'll start against orient on Wednesday. I think he needs games.

Looked a bit slow when looking for a pass but he just needs to adjust to the game. Looked a bit surprised at how the pace of the game is over here but seems like he has great potential and will be a great signing for us.

I hope he has more than potential, as he turns 29 in February...

He is a beast though, clearly very fit and will not be tossed around like Barry Bannan and other scrawny midfielders.

Turns out he isn't this god we all seemed to assume he was. Awful tonight

What everyone kept saying he was the best player and he got MOTM ratings over in that thread?

I mean he's a very defensive minded midfielder. He's not a pivot defensive midfielder like say Xabi Alonso. 

Now I didn't see the goal or any of the chances that occured so I can't particularly say how well he did on those individual attempts and so forth so I can not say whether or not he failed today or made any big mistakes. But I would expect it from him. He's playing with a bunch of players who don't speak the same language as him and he's playing a completely different style of football. But it's Aston Villa. We should all be used to that by now. What I do expect is that by mid-season he'll have transformed his performances and have become a vital and very important solid piece of the midfield and defensive lines. 

Todays loss is definitely on the attacking players. Yes we got scored on. Yes someone in the defense probably screwed up. Nonetheless we should of been up 2 anyways against this kind of team. I mean it's not exactly as if we are playing all our starters on the defensive line. 

• Like 4

So how was he on the passing tackling and interception front

I did not expect him to be like Rodriguez when he come to the club i just expected him to do the basics well and give us the bit of muscle that we severely lack

He had to pass sidewards alot as the movement was absent in front of him. had a reasonable game without being exceptional, need to see more really.Made a couple of great tackles though, thought he had injured himself at one point.

Edited by VillakevBromsgrove

Â