Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Apart from that fantastic chip to Hutton I thought he looked quite nervous on the ball. I think he'll be a good signing but can't say his passing really stood out for the 30 mins he was on.

I've notice a trend about many things in life, if you put aside the really great stuff they offer and focus only on the rest, they never look as good.

I liked at one point when he had the ball at his feet under pressure at the edge of our penalty area, he looked around to see if he could make a useful pass rather than just blast the ball out of there. 

• Like 1

He did give away the ball on one occasion, but compared with the rest of the team that's great going. Very solid debut. Let's see what he can do against the 'big' teams. Trial by fire coming up.

Sanchez is much more suited to this league from a physical standpoint, plus he has been playing at a much higher standard in Spain, and has much more international experience (including World Cup football) than JPA did when he joined the club. 

JPA sadly never panned out that well, we didn't get the player we thought we were signing, Sanchez will IMO live up to expectations and it probably won't take him as long to get going in this league. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Look how long it took JPA to settle into the English game

Different club now, the club then left him on his own very badly and his kid was sick. Very poor from the club and a terrible situation for him to be in personally. I would imagine the club has dedicated staff now to help foreign lads settle in to the area so they can concentrate on their football, not how to ask for medicine for your baby in a foreign language or find the chemist that's open 24 hours when you don't speak a word of english at 3 in the morning.

• Like 3

That one pass says a lot for me.....sure he has a long way to go and many attributes are required to be the complete DM

.....but a bit of vision and an ability to pass......ain't half encouraging.

Â