Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Don't think the problem was ever really how often he gave the ball away, but where and the manner of how he did it.

I think the two are rather highly correlated problems...

• Like 1

How so? If he has a 98% pass accuracy but the one pass he gives away is due to him being lax in our defensive third and resulting in a goal/great chance to the opposition this is a problem, whilst the one pass being an attempted eye-of-the-needle pass to a striker in the opposition third resulting in no harm done is not.

Apologises if I've completely misread your point, I've had a few beers.

So he's basically 31. Get rid!

Didn't he just have a birthday, turning 27?

Or was it that Sherwood never plays him?

Or is it that Liverpool want him, but not for his release clause, but they are crap.

Or is it that sliced kick against Man City?

Or that good things don't happen to us?

I get a little confused with all the regular VT convos :)

DHUTWU!

Excuse my ignorance but DHUTWU?

Keep your innocence for as long as you can.

I lost my innocence a long time ago. Can't remember the girls name but my word she was noisy. Anyway, back OT, Sanchez banned for tomorrow's quarter final, back for the semi if they get there, fingers crossed he still has some game time before heading back to B6

Don't think the problem was ever really how often he gave the ball away, but where and the manner of how he did it.

This is part and parcel of the position though isn't it. I mean let's say Benteke fluffs a pass a to Zog, the opposition defence pick it up and build and attack but from there half. Now Sanchez fluffs his pass to Delph and suddenly their centre forward is barrelling down towards Vlaar( who is probably think how best he can wait for him to get into the box and then give away a penalty!)

In his area of the park any miscued passes result in direct pressure on our defence. So these errors are more costly and stand out more.

This is part and parcel of the position though isn't it. I mean let's say Benteke fluffs a pass a to Zog, the opposition defence pick it up and build and attack but from there half. Now Sanchez fluffs his pass to Delph and suddenly their centre forward is barrelling down towards Vlaar( who is probably think how best he can wait for him to get into the box and then give away a penalty!)

In his area of the park any miscued passes result in direct pressure on our defence. So these errors are more costly and stand out more.

Which is why in these positions you need to train it out of your game.

• 2 weeks later...

people may not like him, but he his probably the best ball winner I have ever seen, the problem is he seems to dilly dally to much with the ball. If anyone watched copa america you will have seen how good he can be (he has at least twice marked messi out of the game and neymar several times), he just needs someone that seeks the ball from him all the time (James with Colombia).. One of the best if not the best ball winner in the world, just horrible in possession. 

I think some of his problem is the players around him not making themselves available.

I also think that is a general problem why all our players get caught on the ball.....because the off the ball work is not sophisticated enough.They have to Keep searching for an outlet as opposed to one being at hand.

Sadly, our players are not great game readers.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

How so? If he has a 98% pass accuracy but the one pass he gives away is due to him being lax in our defensive third and resulting in a goal/great chance to the opposition this is a problem, whilst the one pass being an attempted eye-of-the-needle pass to a striker in the opposition third resulting in no harm done is not.

Apologises if I've completely misread your point, I've had a few beers.

Wouldn't that be similar to saying "Benteke missed 5 penalties in one game, but scored the 6th, he had a 100 percent scoring accuracy", both are true but still equally shite given the circumstances.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â