Match Thread

alreadyexists

I am taking my 7 year old Nephew to his first ever game today.  ....at 3.02 I expect to be having that awkward conversation:-

"Actually there's no father Christmas.....and villa aren't the kings of europe"

• Like 3

Cassano has a knee problem so won't play apparently. Shame.

Still Parma have a decent side, a lot of their good youth prospects are out too, they are bringing this lot...

Portieri: Iacobucci, Mirante. Difensori: Cassani, Felipe, Gobbi, Lucarelli, Pedro Mendes, Paletta, Ristovski. Centrocampisti: Acquah, Bidaoui, Ghezzal, Jorquera, Marchionni, Mauri. Attaccanti: Amauri, Belfodil, Biabiany, Palladino.

No ron in starting 11 :(

I'd imagine he'll be on for the second half. That said, our starting 11 looks similar to what I imagine we'll start with against Stoke, bar the two CBs and Stevens in for Cissokho (although Stevens has impressed during pre-season).

Guzan

Hutton Baker Senderos Stevens

N'Zogbia Westwood Delph Richardson

Weimann Gabby

That's actually a really poor 11.

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Cissokho

N'Zogbia Westwood Delph Richardson

Weimann Gabby

I imagine it will look like that come the Stoke game, which isn't too bad although I'd prefer Bent over Gabby or Weimann (or both and stick somebody else in midfield or something)

It's interesting that Stevens starts ahead of Bennett.  I've givin up on Bennett at this stage and am happy enough to see Stevens get a chance although I doubt he will be upto it but we'll see.  I'd like to see Weimann through the middle and Gabby on the left wing with N'zogbia on the right wing.

It's interesting that Stevens starts ahead of Bennett.  I've givin up on Bennett at this stage and am happy enough to see Stevens get a chance although I doubt he will be upto it but we'll see.  I'd like to see Weimann through the middle and Gabby on the left wing with N'zogbia on the right wing.

Now we have Cissokho they'll be both battling for the place of 'back-up' left back I guess. Stevens will be up against Biabiany, a tough test for the lad definitely so I guess we'll see what he is made of!

Edited by samjp26

@AVFCOfficial: #AVFC: Guzan, Hutton, Baker, Senderos, Stevens, Westwood, Delph, Richardson, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Weimann. #AVFCLIVE

That team would struggle in the championship I reckon.
Still a weak cm that will leave the team exposed

Â