Match Thread

alreadyexists

I think we'll see pretty much the first 11 lining up here, probably the side that's likely to start against Stoke. I think something like:

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Okore Bennett

Delph Westy CNZ Richardson

Gabby Bent

Although it'll likely be more of a 433 shape.

Bennett might not play if we sign cissokho today... But even then doubt it'd be made in time for Parma, but maybe stoke.

Got my ticket and I'm taking the missus too, I'm pretty excited, first VP trip of the season.

First game for me this season. No matter how bad we are at home, there's always something that brings me back and makes me excited to go. Hopefully we'll see the finalised lineup that'll start the Stoke game. I'm not expecting anything massive, but it'd be nice to see some attacking football and a convincing win.

Edited by JoshVilla
  • Like 2

I agree, I still love going, I've been since I was young and it's always had a bit of a 'wow' factor. 

Looking forward to seeing the Vlaar-Okore partnership, hopefully they can get some consistency and understanding as a central pair. 

As for Parma, they finished 6th in Serie A I think, I don't really watch Italian footie, but that sounds like they're a decent enough side.

37abe2ee88532d22478c87466cf7ae4e.png

Just for reference I will put this in here. 

Could be all the top tiers have been sold out...............

Just joking. It will be like watching a county championship match. A row of seats to yourself!

Take a paper and fall asleep. Might be a good tactic for the rest of the season.

^ How odd! Maybe they just decided to stop selling the upper at some point.

Either way i don't expect a big gate at all. 

the Aston Villa WM Police account tweeted they expect between 12-14,000 

^ How odd! Maybe they just decided to stop selling the upper at some point.

Either way i don't expect a big gate at all.

the Aston Villa WM Police account tweeted they expect between 12-14,000

I would be happy to move if it was to the Lower Holte, I just wished the club would communicate what the issue is

"Why all the closures?"

I guess the club thought that closing a few sections of stands would save them having to pay turnstile/other stadium staff today samjp26 albeit that it also led to fans not being able to sit in their usual seats. Every penny counts these days after all...

I think they are a bit desperate to sell tickets. The ticket office rang me yesterday afternoon to try and sell me a ticket. Great idea except I am on a cruise ship in the Med. The caller was very apologetic.

But does that stop me posting on VT....

I am taking my mates husband who is originally from the Gambia. He is football mad & has never seen a football match live before. He is so looking forward to going to see us . Should be interesting for him .

Please don't let him become a Villa fan, you don't want to ruin the poor guy's life [emoji14]

Â