Football Manager 2015

hogso

AndyClarke - can you give us any spoilers on the stats of Villa players?

I can exclusively reveal that all of the Villa squad in the game do have stats. Is that good enough?
That's superb :-) but have there been any major attribute changes or have they not been finalised yet? I find the club research intriguing.

Every player has been altered in some regard, the problem most years is that people expect wholesale changes but if a player looks right then he doesn't need to be changed. Look at it this way, the squad is very ordinary with a few dubious players but there are also one or two big prospects in the academy and the brink of the first team.

• Like 1

I played the original Championship Manager, I bought on some shop that sold games on the high street in Erdington. I remember the jump from CM to CM2 was pretty big. I can't really get into the newer games though. Instead of me being addicted for years, I tend to play one for a week, get bored and then don't bother with it again.

Action station?

Regens annoy me on FM along with loads of other things: The amount of French, German & Argentinian regens. But the most annoying thing about it is that if they have a dual nationality say French/Morrocan German/Polish Argentina/Uruguay English/Scottish they will always choose the bigger nation even if they are no where near good enough they will just wait. 

I like building teams of regens (Just like everyone else) but I like to have a mix of nationalities, I know its realistic that better players may choose the big nation, but for someone terrible to just not play for a national team annoys me because they are waiting for France. Or someone who was born in Albania, plays in Albania and then plays for Germany meaning there are no good players for any of the smaller nations. 

I stopped playing in about 2035 on FM2014. There were no good African or Eastern European players and South America had no one good other than Brazilians and Argentinians.

• Like 1

Nicho, I would say that it depends on what settings you have selected for the database.

Some countries have a much higher chance of creating good regens set in the database by default, but loading players from a nation or the top clubs from a nation would definitely help.

If you choose say top 5 European leagues, most African player will come through in the French/German/etc leagues, and yes, they will probably wait to play for their European country. That happens IRL though, but I guess it could be improved.

If you set the game to load all international players from Africa you'll see quite a few potential quality players come through. There is tendency with golden generations, I've noticed, in example you'll see 3-4 top class from like Tunisia or Egypt spawn at the same time. The problem for me, is that they are difficult to sign in time (must be over 18 and at that point they won't get a WP so must be loaned out) and they don't progress enough while they are at their native club. So European players surpass them from an early age. The African regens are more attractive signings if you are playing in say the Norwegian league or similar, than compared to if you're in the English leagues where they won't get a WP and won't be good enough for the top level for a long time.

I also continued to around 2035 in my last game, playing in England. There was an abundance of Argentine players, but I also saw lots of quality players from around the globe. Specifically I remember decent players from South Africa, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, Croatia, Ukraine, China, Japan, most of the smaller South American countries, Mexico and USA. There was also a world class Indian midfielder. Where I felt it was lacking was traditionally strong African countries like Ivory Coast, Cameroon and Nigeria. Ivory Coast had a striker that won Wold Player of the year a few times, but he's the only one I can remember from those countries. My starting set up was 11 leagues playable in Europe, large DB, and all international players from all continents. I'm sure you can add to that to make it more balanced as well.

Edited by tarjei

Regens annoy me on FM along with loads of other things: The amount of French, German & Argentinian regens. But the most annoying thing about it is that if they have a dual nationality say French/Morrocan German/Polish Argentina/Uruguay English/Scottish they will always choose the bigger nation even if they are no where near good enough they will just wait. 

I like building teams of regens (Just like everyone else) but I like to have a mix of nationalities, I know its realistic that better players may choose the big nation, but for someone terrible to just not play for a national team annoys me because they are waiting for France. Or someone who was born in Albania, plays in Albania and then plays for Germany meaning there are no good players for any of the smaller nations. 

I stopped playing in about 2035 on FM2014. There were no good African or Eastern European players and South America had no one good other than Brazilians and Argentinians.

Good.

I don't want my players playing internationals when I am fighting on all fronts for trophies.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

• 1 month later...

Looks decent, out November 7th.

Must admit the Movember bit seemed a bit much but overall it seems much better. I usually say "i'd skip football manager this year" but like every year I put in 300 hours+ on it. :D

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 2

Looks decent, out November 7th.

Must admit the Movember bit seemed a bit much but overall it seems much better. I usually say "i'd skip football manager this year" but like every year I put in 300 hours+ on it. :D

Can't wait, going to make sure I keep the 7th free for a FM marathon.  :D

Year 3 of Uni. Not gonna do it.

Ha, I was about to post something similar. 

Worst thing is about the release date is that I have 3 deadlines in the fortnight after the 7th. Gonna have to wait  :(

• Like 1

I'm the opposite, never use the game engine, got interest in it

My biggest problem with fm is that when you get on top you're pretty much there for the long haul, the other teams don't do enough to overtake you, scouting of regens in particular is very poor

Â