Football Manager 2015

hogso

How big a contract is he on? :)

He's 37 and still scoring freely for RM on my save. He has scored more than 30 every season so far and is already over 20 in early feb this year. I've tried to sign him a few times, but not a snowball's chance in hell (and now his agent hates me).

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can scout all the players in a team at once, without doing them all individually? I've tried asking for a team report but it doesn't give the info I need (CA/PA out of 5 stars).

1 hour ago, V01 said:

Don't think you can, Team report should give you a squad comparison based on CA or PA where you can quickly see anyone worth taking a closer look at

I don't think there is a way either unfortunately. I've started a MLS save with NYCFC and to do the Superdraft properly you have about 40 academy teams to scout with about 30-40 players each. It's soul destroying having to individually scout each player.

40 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't think there is a way either unfortunately. I've started a MLS save with NYCFC and to do the Superdraft properly you have about 40 academy teams to scout with about 30-40 players each. It's soul destroying having to individually scout each player.

What do you mean specifically? You can select all players in a team by highlighting one then clicking ctrl + a. To scout all in a swoop just right click when all of them is selected. Does that help, or am I misunderstanding the issue?

You can also just click one player and hold, then drag your mouse to select all.

Edited by tarjei
  • Like 1

On 07/12/2015 at 22:09, tarjei said:

What do you mean specifically? You can select all players in a team by highlighting one then clicking ctrl + a. To scout all in a swoop just right click when all of them is selected. Does that help, or am I misunderstanding the issue?

You can also just click one player and hold, then drag your mouse to select all.

This is precisely what I was looking for. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As long as you can get over the temptation to save before games then load again if you don't win, FM is pretty damn rewarding and engrossing.  (I'm posting in FM2015 as that's the version I'm on...)

I posted a while back about the exploits of my VVV Venlo team in the Dutch league system.  The year is now 2025 and my team is pretty immense - certainly by Eredivisie standards.  I've been on a 91 (league) match unbeaten run, which culminated in a 3-1 loss to Cambuur, have won the Eredivisie 5 times in a row, the Dutch cup 3 times in a row (7 out of the last 8 seasons) and have won the Europa League.  However, that Champions League title is so elusive.

The 2024/2025 season saw me make my way to the furthest I've been before - semi-finals against Chelsea.  First leg at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea were the better side and took a 1 goal lead into half time, where I told my players they had no pressure on them and should relax.  Then, a turning point.  Some Chelsea midfielder managed to get booked for the second time after 53 minutes and the Very-very-very Venlo boys were buoyant.  2 away goals came in the last 15 minutes :D.  The second leg was another close affair, with the final score being 1-1.  The final awaited!

We were up against Monaco, who beat Barcelona in the other semi-final.  My relationship with Monaco isn't great.  They poached my best central midfielder, Alejandro Lorenzo for what it's worth, (arguably the best central midfielder in the game) for his Min Fee Release Clause after the guy refused to sign a new contract because, 7 months ago, I didn't let him move to Inter for a tiny fee.  Go figure.  They then tapped up 2 more players, one of which is a Brazil international who left me at the end of his contract to sign for Monaco - I spent £24.5m on him, he was worth £26m and he left for NOTHING :(.  **** Monaco, that's all.

First half and things are going well.  We play high pace, attacking football and the movement is a joy to watch.  Good ol' Carlos Roberto (record breaking goalscorer) has given Venlo a 1-0 lead going to half time. We've had 15 shots compared to Monaco's 4 and are enjoying the experience of the CL final.  I encourage the players at half time by massaging their thighs ever so gently.  So, so gently.  The players re-emerge for the second half.

For some unknown reason, my new star midfielder (Carlinhos) decides to get booked twice within the space 2 minutes and suddenly I'm completely overrun.  Monaco sense blood and my boys sense poo-in-their-pants, it's a disaster.  We go all Alex McLeish on their asses - attacking midfielder off, defensive midfielder on.  4-2-0-3 (sort of) with counter attacking football.  Then Lorenzo happened.  Alejandro, my one-time hero, decides to shatter my Champions League dreams.  His first blow is a 25-yard strike that gives my keeper no chance, the second is the sort of assist that Lionel Messi could only dream of.  He's past 2... 3... 4 of my defensive players and chips a delicious ball to the back post.  It's an 80th minute winner that Venlo can't recover from - all the way to the CL final and we've lost :(

My club is dominant domestically, but the relative weakness of the Dutch league, coupled with the strength and purchasing power of the huge European teams makes Europe a real challenge.  A challenge that I'm determined to achieve, one day, and why not cheating in FM is making this save absolutely enthralling.

(For those wanting to know, Groningen are the 2nd best team in Holland, Ajax 3rd (but with financial trouble lolz) and Go Ahead Eagles 4th.)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 4

Yeah I just went undefeated. Won 45 drew 1, scored 162 goals and conceded 22.

James Wilson scored 40. Gabby scored 26. Grealish and Adama scored 20+ each. Bacuna at RB won player of the year and Supporters player of the year. Chelsea then brought him for £30m so I replaced him with Byram for 6m.

On 1/20/2016 at 07:54, troon_villan said:

You must destroy the championship with that team Shirley? Seem to remember Ayew, Amavi and Grealish being beasts on my save.

I demolished the squad in editor.

Current starting XI is

Bunn

Wass

Clark

Okore

Amavi

Gueye

Westwood

Bacuna

Grealish

Kozak

Jouffre

3rd so far.

• Like 1

Just started a new save with Weston-super-Mare. Predicted 20th finish in Conference South. Let's get them to the Champs League and see how long it takes.

Lowest coaching badges, Sunday league footballer. Gonna be a slog!

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
Added text.

Into November now. Hoping for a cup run! Got through the qualification for the FA Cup, first round draw against Welling. Fingers crossed! Currently 5th in the Vanarama South. It's bloody hard. The fitness levels and overall physical stats of the guys are shocking.

I understand making the lower league players TECHNICALLY lower than the high league players, but speed and agility is a born trait. To say that lower league players are not as quick as high level guys is a bit much.

Â