Aly Cissokho

samjp26

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

On paper he has had a really good career, played for some big clubs in his time, no idea how. 

He was very highly rated at Lyon and Porto wasn't he? Meelan were going to sign him but he bizarrely failed their medical.

He never sat around picking up wages in the reserves, came back when Amavi got injured to cover and he was professional in every way.

we've all made plenty of valid comments about his ability. But who cares now he's gone to be frank. It's a good day.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Another one to depart who did pretty much nothing of note in a Villa shirt. Been too many players like that over the last half dozen years. 

Too many players we spent less than a couple of million on turning out to be useless, which shouldn't surprise us.  Cissokho is just one of them, but we are making them look decent value for money compared to some of the players we've signed since Lambert.

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Too many players we spent less than a couple of million on turning out to be useless, which shouldn't surprise us.  Cissokho is just one of them,

I agree and I am not necessarily blaming the players especially those like Aly who I believe did his best. It doesn't change the fact that too many players have been signed over recent years who haven't for whatever reason made any kind of positive impact.

I never minded Cissokho. Even at the time he gave away a few penalties, I thought he was pretty unlucky to be hounded by so many fans and replaced by a fairly dreadful defender in Amavi.

He was terrible when he passed the halfway line, but in his own half he's a solid 7/10 defender and I wish him well!

So long and thanks for the massive shoes.

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Signed for high flying Lamphun Warrior.

How did he con so many people for so long. One of the worst footballers I've ever seen. 

No he was the worst.

I can think of worse gigs than earning a bit of money playing football in Thailand to be honest.

Â