Aly Cissokho

samjp26

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Absoluty this! The guy was scared of having the ball, I don't know what was wrong with him but like you though it was all over his face whenever he was involved.

Sure, he wasn't good going forward, but everyone knew that, and yet when we gave him the ball the rest of the team would move away from him and leave him with no support or passing option whatsoever. It is the sort of play that has been endemic here for years, where players are asked to do the things that they are bad at and we purposely expose our own weaknesses rather than try to compensate for them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Beye was a RB, allegedly.

Luna, forgot about him, defo worse than Aly although he can live off 'that goal' against Arsenal.

Bennett I'd say was on a par with Aly, Shorey was worse for me, Stevens shouldn't really count in some respects as he cost naff all and I think only made a handful of appearances.......anyway, point is, as it always is on here, I don't think Aly was 'the worst ever LB' we've had, he was crap for sure but it's getting boring reading how everyone is the "worst ever" to play for us......

No way was Shorey worse than Cissokho.  Cissokho's legs don't look like they're connected to the rest of his body, and I'm not even convinced he's a real footballer.

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he had signed a contract but apparently Milan said his teeth were bad that they could bring spinal injuries further down the line

in hindsight that doctor was a genius ;)

He reckoned wisdom teeth were the reason Seedorf was getting injured before joining Milan, always sounded like a bit of a spoof covering up a more obvious method of keeping players ultra fit well into their 30's.

I'd agree on Cissokho, he will be more useful in any team apart from Villa.

22 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He reckoned wisdom teeth were the reason Seedorf was getting injured before joining Milan, always sounded like a bit of a spoof covering up a more obvious method of keeping players ultra fit well into their 30's.

I'd agree on Cissokho, he will be more useful in any team apart from Villa.

Steven Gerrard used to get a lot of back injuries until Houllier showed up.  He sent him to get his wisdom teeth out and he never got another back injury.  Weird!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Opened the scoring for Olympiakos on his debut in their 2-0 victory over Aris in the Greek Cup.

Another player we have let go who should have been kept. Easily a Premier League quality left back.

Edited by Michael118

45 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Another player we have let go who should have been kept. Easily a Premier League quality left back.

He's proved this season, he's not even Championship quality 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

He's proved this season, he's not even Championship quality 

I didn't see many of the early games but from reports he started the season well then conceded a couple of penalties and was written off as a liability.

I have no doubt if he got a move back to the Premier League and was at the right club he would prove to be a more than solid left back.

On 18/01/2017 at 20:58, The Fun Factory said:

I still remember Benett performance against Bradford in which he could not hack defending against a fourth tier side. Woeful.

I still think Lambert should have gone after that 2 legged travesty

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I didn't see many of the early games but from reports he started the season well then conceded a couple of penalties and was written off as a liability.

I have no doubt if he got a move back to the Premier League and was at the right club he would prove to be a more than solid left back.

i dont remember him conceding many penalties but I remember him being crap this season

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i dont remember him conceding many penalties but I remember him being crap this season

He gave away one in two games in a row when Bruce first arrived.

He had given away a few more during his Villa career, handball being a common theme.

• 5 months later...

Dragged up from page 5! Says it all really Ally. Seems he might be off to Turkey.

Yeni Malatayaspor sporting director Ali Ravci says the Turkish club are close to completing the signing of Aston Villa defender Aly Cissokho.

The Frenchman arrived back at Villa Park earlier this summer after spending the second half of last season on loan at Olympiakos to be told he was free to negotiate a transfer away from the club.

And Ravci confirmed to Turkish reporters earlier that a deal is close to being agreed for the 29-year-old to become a Malatayaspor player.

He said: “There are a few minor issues to resolve with Aston Villa and then the transfer will go ahead.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-rumours-13391314

• Like 1

Â