Aly Cissokho

samjp26

Just to stop this from getting locked:

Valencia enter 2.5 million euros for the transfer of Aly Cissokho to Aston Villa, and closed agreement with the English club. The player has participated in many friendly matches this season but had the poster transferable, as it has been.

The operation reaches three million euros although some takes her previous club Cissokho Olympique Lyon, which was reserved at the time of sale a percentage of future transfer that over the years has gone down. Just need the medical examination to be new player of Aston Villa.

http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2014/08/07/aly-cissokho-aston-villa-25/231765.html

Does this mean Richardson plays further up the pitch? Or Richardson plays wing back when we play with 3 CBs and this lad plays when it's a flat 4?

We would have 4 LBs at the club with this signing, and both Clark and Baker can play there!

Can see a McLeish like defensive shape of

Okore Vlaar Senderos Baker Clark

Hutton                                                        Cissokho

Westwood    Delph

Benteke

Can see a McLeish like defensive shape of

Okore Vlaar Senderos Baker Clark

Hutton                                                        Cissokho

Westwood    Delph

Benteke

Way too attacking for a Mcleish side.

• Like 3

Does this mean Richardson plays further up the pitch? Or Richardson plays wing back when we play with 3 CBs and this lad plays when it's a flat 4?

Hopefully he can take Gabby's place. Richardson can pretty much match him for pace but has a better all-round game. I know which of the two I'd rather.

• Like 1

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Okore Bennett

Clark

Baker

Richardson

Zogbia

Gabby

Bent

You forgot Stevens.

Interesting. At least, unlike Cole, Senderos and Richardson, I have  some hope this guy might be a good player as I know nothing about him.

wasn't very popular at Liverpool last season and them guys would defend anything

Well the left side is probably our weakest, so maybe an improvement on what we have?

I just hope they check his teeth properly in the medical before signing him, as according to Wikipedia he had a problem which scuppered a move to Inter Milan.

I presume we will be playing a 3-5-2, which IMO just won't work. Hutton/Richardson as only flank players. KEA/Westwood/Delph middle is going to be the big problem, not enough going forward, causes too much pressure and defence eventually crumbles. Might work with Benteke/Cole but not with what we have available at the moment.

I saw him a lot last year, better at defending, not very good on the ball likes to drive forward but lacks ability. Reminded me of Cuellar.

After Bennett and Luna, I think a full-back that can competently defend will do just fine.

Â