Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

Surprised we don't have a thread discussing the one horse race north of the border.  I guess going into a new season is as good a time as any to start one.  

Scotland won't have a team in the Champions League this season,  Celtic have just been humped 6 - 1 on aggregate (0-4 away, 1-2 at home) by Legia Warsaw in the qualifiers.  Not the best start for new manager Ronny Deila.  

Celtic are actually no different than Villa in that they asset stripped the squad to fund the shareholders and no funds for good replacements. the only difference is they can get away with it as they play in a mini league of 1 team 

Forster be next to go

Lennon was a brilliant manager for Celtic, managed to take them further in the Champions League than they can dream of at the moment. 

not really, his tactics were no better than McLeish and he also got Rangers through the next round. Lennon was woeful when was up against Rangers in a league battle

Was his name Manny Omoyinmi by any chance?

**edit**

Just saw the exact details.   They were awarded the home leg 3-0 and went through on away goals.  Spawny gets. 

Edited by The_Rev

Who can they get in the next round?  As far as I can tell they will be one of the seeded teams which means that they can get one of:

Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria)

NK Maribor (Slovenia)

Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)

Malmo (Sweden)

AaB (Denmark)

Bilbao (Spain)

Lille (France)

Copenhagen (Denmark)

Standard Liege (Belgium)

Besiktas (Turkey)

Where it gets confusing is that Warsaw wouldn't have been seeded in the next round so that will dick around a bit with who gets seeded and who doesn't, wouldn't it? Do they get their seeding or do they just take Warsaw's spot in the draw?  Of the list above I'd imagine there are a few teams they would fancy their chances against. If they aren't seeded for some reason then let them draw Arsenal. :lol:

Just seen the news on the BBC, very lucky indeed on Celtic's part, but what were Legia thinking. Why would you even make that substitution with 2 minutes to go? It is not like it was a close scoreline and they needed to kill off time and the game. Celtic fans must be loving it though, and you can't blame them as we would be the same in their shoes.

I do wonder about the new manager though, it may be a short lived reign if things don't improve drastically for him. Celtic shouldn't be getting beaten 6-1 by the likes of Legia Warsaw. Maybe Lennon was doing a pretty good job for them, it is always hartd to tell in a one horse race just how good he was doing, his results in the champions league were pretty good considering who they were up against.

Â